This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ vs weak tag

• bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $40.39
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $23.03
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB (Hero):
      $25.53
      MP2:
      $36.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.69, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.10, BU calls $1.41.

Flop: ($4.3) 5, 4, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.99, BU raises to $5.00, Hero calls $3.01.

Turn: ($14.3) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.00, Hero raises to $7.82, BU calls $5.82.

River: ($29.94) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.43, BU calls $8.11(All-In).

Final Pot: $47.48.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      BU shows a straight, five high(3 A).

BU wins with a straight, five high(3 A).
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      the opp is 20 12 , af 1.5 on 50 hands
      3bet 0% , fold to 3bet 1 time/ 1
      Button steal 83%

So previously i 3bet him W/ 9To and he folded
      now he is Button again and i 3bet with QQ and i am expecting him to adapt

so what happened on the flop he raised i was thinking he had a flush draw with overcards or pure bluff.

i called with the intention of check raising all in on turn if flush didnt hit ,
      or get some value on river.

i decided that playing weird on turn would make him call with a 10 too. so i only raised abit. ( not all in.)

i have the impression he was the weakest player at table. He didnt rebuy to full stack, and he didnt bet flop with QK on QK4 , 2 diamonds .

he powned me so bad.
      if i get all in on flop he still calls and same result?
  • 2 replies
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      I play single table to try to beat NL25 . dont knwo why i have difficulties.
      this month 4000 hands with -20$ profit on mostly single table.
      I hoped for 10bb/100 hands , wich should be 100$ profit.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Bonecore,

Preflop: I would 3-bet larger OOP to at least 10-12 BB especially if he was a weaker/fishier guy

Postflop: First, why would we expect someone to adjust to our 3-bet after just one sample? And second, why were you 3-betting a hand like T9o vs a potential fish? That's just asking for trouble.

If villain raised the flop with a Tx hand he is not going anywhere on the turn and I think you are much better off just shipping it rather than raise small.

However, given we are OOp and risk villain checking back the turn I would prefer to 3-bet the flop and get the money in.

Now, onto the next part. The sample size of 4000 hands is very small and variance is huge over such a small sample. I recommend that you watch my videos on variance to understand how important volume/sample size is for a game such as poker. I also recommend that you start playing more tables than just one, unless you have problem concentrating on more than one.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, don't forget to hit the "advise judge to take another look" button.

Best regards,

Bogdan