The education of a fish

• mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      hello fellow poker strategists welcome to another micro stakes blog :f_biggrin: this is my first time blogging so ill go ahead and post about myself

Im a 22 year old student wanting to give poker a try. I have never actually took time to learn the game or take it too seriously, hence why im a pretty big fish at the minute

I finally got round to getting the poker tracker 3 free trail. I plan on going through the beginners course here on the site and posting hands for evaluation etc. another source might for learning be 2+2 but I struggle to find the educational stuff there lol and hopefully become a winning player eventually

In this blog im going to post some real life stuff as well. training ( gym, boxing) life as a student and just general stuffs going on so hopefully makes it a more interesting read

so I had some fun playing with PT3 today to see what it looked like etc and results are just awful

as you can see I SUCK!! :f_confused:
      But we all have to start from some where! so heres some goals

Short term
      :heart: play/study poker at least once a day (even if only for an hour)
      :heart: Study more than I play
      :heart: learn how to use PT3 and set the HUD effectively
      :heart: begin the beginner school
      :heart: post hands for evaluation

Long term
      :heart: solid routine of studying/playing poker ( may take a few weeks to make a part of my everday routine)
      :heart: Complete beginner school
      :heart: fully understand stats and how to use them in my game
      :heart: Move out of NL2

also if anyone has any places for further study (forums, books, articles, websites etc) feel free to share them with me! the idea is to eat shit and breath poker for the next few weeks :f_cool:

Thats it for now il be sure to update this regularly and hopefully its a decent read
  • 4 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      u played 100 hands man :D

u need at least 50 000 to get somewhat of a clear picture of how u are doing ;)

gl though
    • mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      thats true what ive posted is a microscopic sample size lol but thought id throw it up as its my first graph :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey mcrandle913

welcome to our blogging section. Yeah zumpar is right you can't expect to know anything about your game based on the graph that you posted so don't get disheartened at all. I think it's a good idea to post real life stuff to your blog too because balance is very important imo.

Good luck with everything.

Regards,
      Luke
    • mcrandle913
      mcrandle913
      Bronze
      So a super late update!! Things in real life have been taking over the past week with a lot of university hand ins and interviews for courses next year so most of the time prepping for those etc

unfortunately not alot of poker updates :f_frown:

But as of this friday no more lectures just a month before exams so poker and self study for the win :f_biggrin:

Hopefully more updates this week poker related :)