This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL16 AJo bluff 4bet

• Absolutism
      Absolutism
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (CO): $16.05 (100.3 bb)
      BTN: $9.44 (59 bb)
      SB: $17.41 (108.8 bb)
      BB: $12.40 (77.5 bb)
      MP: $10.81 (67.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J A
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.48, BTN folds, SB raises to $1.44, BB folds, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $2.56

Flop: ($8.16) J A A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.16) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB folds

Results:
      $8.16 pot ($0.37 rake)
      Final Board: J A A K
      Hero mucked J A and won $7.79 ($3.79 net)
      SB mucked and lost (-$4 net)

Villain is 25/22/15 (23% from BB), 114 hands.

I guess bluff 4betting is OK here, i might call with AJs (is that a mistake, should i bluff 4bet AJs also?).

I hit the flop hard, i guess its ok to give a free card here. What to do on this turn? AK isnt really in his range (i guess he would ship AK here every time), so i can only vbet vs AQ, and pretty much nothing else can call me here. Should i check again, and just vbet the river?

What range can ppl call a 4bet OOP with? I guess even TT would ship it preflop, so its like 22-88, JTs, QJs, ATs or something like that?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Absolutism,

Preflop: I think that both calling and 4-bet bluffing here are fine. With AJs I rather call and play postflop as it has great playability IP vs a wide range.

Postflop: As played the turn bet is fine but we can even try a $2 bet. It's much better suited here than in the other example and you may induce something from villain.

As far as their calling range goes it really depends on everyone. Usually TT+, AQ/AK but if the reg is tilted or has some "read" they can have random hands there like 65s and other garbage.