Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players

CO: $24.40 (97.6 bb) 35/24 (17h)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      SB: $21.94 (87.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $56.67 (226.7 bb)
      UTG: $27.51 (110 bb)
      MP: $44.69 (178.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K J
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.80, CO calls $1.30

Flop: ($3.70) Q 6 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, CO calls $2.20

Turn: ($8.10) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.70, CO calls $4.70

River: ($17.50) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Results:
      $17.50 pot ($0.87 rake)
      Final Board: Q 6 T Q J
      CO showed Q A and won $16.63 ($7.93 net)
      Hero showed K J and lost (-$8.70 net)

Preflop: small sample on villain but he looks like he has a wide range from CU so I decide to defend against his min open.

Flop: in retrospect I expect to get floated quite often as the board hits villain's range. Then I have a hard time on a blank turn, which is what happened. So maybe cbet is not the best line? I think x/r may have been better because one of 3 things will happen: (i) it looks much stronger so villain is more likely to fold, which is great; (ii) if we do get it in on the flop that's fine too as I have huge equity; or (iii) I'm happy to see a free card if he chb.

Turn: I bet with the hope to fold out gutshots, pairs and whatnot that floated once, and I have reasonable equity if I get called. But I rep less when the second Q appears so I'm not sure whether this was a good idea. Also my sizing feels a bit half-hearted (on both flop and turn).
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      how wide does he open in the CO? with a 24% open i think its more profitable to call and check raise flops rather than 3bet immediately. however if he has a high fold to 3bet like >66% 3betting pre flop can be a better option.

how often does he bet vs missed CB? if its a pretty good number like >70% i think check raising gives you alot of fold equity and can be considered. However if he does not do it so often I think its better to take the default option and bet your monster draw, hoping to fold out hands like 88 99 on the flop and 2nd pair hands by the turn.

Turn i think its fine to bet again to fold out hands like AJ (possibly he could fold or hands like TK. How much does he fold to CB on flop? the higher this number is the weaker his range is on the turn and the more inclined I am to bet here.

On the river i think nothing much that called until here is folding already, JA, Qx is not folding and u beat Tx. I would check fold here, i think the only thing thats betting is the Q or straight.

cgf