This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Won 2X VIP Status at Pokerstars

• bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      I played a lot of SnG's last night, and didn't sleep - was about to when I saw it was the last day for the bronzestar 2X VIP freeroll. I stayed up and entered...and played and played til I placed top 99. My nick on Pokerstars is cyclotronic, finished 63/3127 finally losing JJ to someone who called my all in 5BB left in MP with 66.

The craziest part was about 150 players left and only 12BB left. i finally caught AA and doubled up after folding about 50 hands in a row.

Then I did somethings you only do in tourneys where the bubble is very close and it''s do or die.

I catch QQ UTG2. The guy to my left (turbobac) who doubled my AA is playing 71/14 and killing the table - hope he doesn't call this time...it's only 30 or so players to the bubble and I'm not in the cutfor sure yet..

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      9 players

Stacks:
      UTG+1 Hero (23855)

Blinds: 800/1600 Ante 150

Pre-flop: (3750, 9 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q Q
      1 fold, Hero goes all-in 23705, 7 folds

Final Pot: 5350

Hero wins 27455 ( won +3750 )

The very next hand? UTG = QQ. I press time. Thinking, thinking, and then actually fold. I mean how can i push twice in a row UTG, into some really loose players fighting for their tourney lives. I have barely enough to fold down to the bubble now so I muck my queens...

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero (27455)
      CO joglowski (79763)
      BB theripster (71236)

Blinds: 800/1600 Ante 150

Pre-flop: (3750, 9 players) Hero is UTG Q Q
      Hero folds, 4 folds, joglowski raises to 3200, 2 folds, theripster calls 1600

Flop: K A T (8550, 2 players)
      theripster checks, joglowski checks

Turn: J (8550, 2 players)
      theripster checks, joglowski checks

River: T (8550, 2 players)
      theripster bets 3200, joglowski raises to 16000, theripster folds

Final Pot: 14950
      joglowski shows: A A

joglowski wins 27750 ( won +8550 )
      theripster lost -6400

If I'd have pushed, I'd have seen the AA ahead, then behind, and then come back to beat me on the river, ending my hopes right before the bubble. I folded and narrowly avoided misery. I'm still thinking about what might have happened...

later on, AK UTG, easy fold :-) The loose cannon behind me raises is called, and wins with trip 3's.. not an A or a K on the board. I survive!
  • 5 replies
    • riv3rd4ncer
      riv3rd4ncer
      Bronze
      don't understand... you're shortstacked and blinds are already 1600.

QQ UTG fold?
      AK UTG easy fold?

edit: nvm... didn't notice there is no difference between 99th and 2nd place.
      might as well fold your way to victory then :D
      gg
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      Top 99 win the status, there's like 110-120 left at that point I was 81st and I thought I can make it if i fold, possibly not if I play. Second QQ hand in a row was too much to ask to push and get all folds UTG.

I figured it was +EV but -$EV to play. Same w AK. so close to the bubble and enough stack to last a few more rounds Turned out they were good folds both times, and I lasted until the bubble burst.

I'd never fold them UTG any n other circumstances I can think of..

ty. well worth the lack of sleep
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      AA or not,second hand is horribly played ;)
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      update: They changed my status to Gold for about 12 hours, but I got a notice saying it was a mistake and that they'd change it back. Now I don't understand how the system works, but does this mean I've already got 1501VPP's for august? Do your points carry over to the next month?

• TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      nice!
      well played also, no need to risk it all with QQ/AK since a lot of hands have a lot of equity against them :)