3bet/4bet Preflop. Part 2 (Resteal vs Steal)

• roachru
      roachru
      Bronze
      Сontinue

We're going to play Resteal vs Steal Raise

Preflop: Hero is BTN or SB or BB with X X
      X folds, CO or BU or SB raises 2-3 BB, Hero ???

Enemy 22/19 this time :f_biggrin:

For this situation we'll build our decision on the next stats:

Raise 1st / Fold vs Resteal / Call Resteal / 4bet vs Resteal
      Fold vs Cbet Flop 3bet pot / Fold vs Cbet Turn 3bet Pot

Opponent has:

• a) Wide Raise 1st, Fold vs Resteal > 64%

(If we'll play 3x 3bet - for example we'll bet 8 - 8,5 BB vs 3BB for pot 12,5 - 13 = nearly 63-64% FQ)

Easy situation. We will play 3bet bluffs on FQ, a lot :f_biggrin:

• b) Fold vs Cbets Flop/Turn 3bet Pot > 50%

Easy situation. We will play wide 3bets with Cbet on most flops.

• c) Fold vs Resteal < 58% Wide 4bet%, example Raise 1st 35-50%, %4bet > 15% -> 4bet Range > 5%

It gets interesting :f_biggrin:

Q1) How you adjust your ranges vs Regs with wide 4bet Ranges (IP and OOP)? Honestly, you don't call OOP vs 4bets with trash hands, do you? :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Do you 3bet more on value and play wide 5bets?

Q2) How looks your 3bet/push range here vs different 4bet Ranges (IP and OOP)? How looks your 3bet/push range vs unknown regular in aggresive dynamics (IP and OOP)?

Finally, hardest one:

• d) Medium 4bet Range, but Fold vs Resteal < 50% AND Fold vs Cbet flop < 40% AND Fold vs Cbet Turn < 40%

How do you adjust your game vs this opponent? Especially OOP ?

Vs regs who doesn't fold vs Resteal preflop and doesn't fold vs Cbets Postflop.

Thight 3bets? Or holy war? :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Q3) How do you play vs Steal by regs with low Folds vs Resteal and low Folds vs Cbets in 3bet pot ? Generally, against the regulars, who often tries to fight against your resteals

[COLOR=blue] Q4) Any additions on this topic? [/COLOR]
  • 2 replies
    • Padiz0
      Padiz0
      Bronze
      Q1) How you adjust your ranges vs Regs with wide 4bet Ranges (IP and OOP)? Honestly, you don't call OOP vs 4bets with trash hands, do you?

In a blind war, against these ranges, I'd start to 3bet/5betshove low pairs and some Axs. If he has a wide CO range and 4b range against my button 3-bets, I would do that in position also, since he's probably more inclined to 4-bet than calling since he's OOP.
      Also, I'd stars to 3-b ATs/AJs from the blinds, since he's probably calling with some dominated broadway hands.

Q2) How looks your 3bet/push range here vs different 4bet Ranges (IP and OOP)? How looks your 3bet/push range vs unknown regular in aggresive dynamics (IP and OOP)?

I think I answered it above...if we're creating an agressive history, I'll start to 3-b/shove some low pairs and AXs.

Q3) How do you play vs Steal by regs with low Folds vs Resteal and low Folds vs Cbets in 3bet pot ? Generally, against the regulars, who often tries to fight against your resteals

Since he has a medium 4-bet range, I could comfortably widen my 3-bet range for value to ATs+ and maybe even KJs+ since he's always calling with suited connectors and probably suited gaps also. If he 4-bets, I could lay down theses hands since he's not 4-betting much.

I don't know if I made correct answers..but that's actually how I would adjust to these ranges :) any advice is welcome.
    • Lackoogcb
      Lackoogcb
      Black
      Originally posted by Padiz0

Since he has a medium 4-bet range, I could comfortably widen my 3-bet range for value to ATs+ and maybe even KJs+ since he's always calling with suited connectors and probably suited gaps also. If he 4-bets, I could lay down theses hands since he's not 4-betting much.
      I always go back and forth with these depolarized 3bets for value aaaand I don't know... Even if villain steals 50% and folds 50% to 3bets (what is extremely rare) and we 3bet KJs, we will have only 50% equity against his range out of position. That is true the lead is ours but the position is his, and if we broke on Jxxs flop we will lose a lot againts AJ and better and I don't think we will get it in too much against worst Jx. And as you mentioned we will fold vs his 4bets as well! So I'm not sure we should extend our 3bet value range on BB vs BU. SB its ok because we don't want to get sqzed or be in a 3way pot in the worst position. And flatting KQ is also gives us a stronger calling range and a way easier spot than playing with those OOP bigger pots.