which strategy?

• 4 replies
    • metza
      BSS and SSS are for cash game.
      There is a huge difference between cash games and SnG.
      Pub poker is usually an MTT, or at least a multitable SnG.
      So the MTT and SnG articles should help you.
      Hey DIEmicrosoft,

Welcome to the community!

Yeah, you need to give us some more information here as metza suggested ;) Will you be playing cash games or will it be a tournament or SNG?

Best regards,
    • DIEmicrosoft
      Thanks for the quick replies. It's run by Deep Stack Poker and its a free registration multi table tournament (8 per table) with chips and a cash prize at the end of the night. Chip-up cards are stamped when you buy meals and drinks and a guy comes around every now and then to top your stack up when you present your card. I can get 4 nights a week of local games with $250 for 1st, and $500 games sat and sun. Makes it worth the effort to study ;)
    • legand73
      I've been to one of these tournaments before where the guys/girls that are drinking excessively get more chips. It's both a blessing and a curse because their play will deteriorate but they get such a big stack and can bully you.

How fast do the blinds go up?

I would suggest [INVALID EMAIL] article for a starter, in order to familiarise your self with the early, middle and late phases of a tournament and you'll simulataneously be learning more about the BSS, MSS and SSS respectively, as blinds go up.

Hope this helped. And feel free to ask more questions if you need any clarification.