grinding like i'm broke

• kozinus
      kozinus
      Bronze
      hey soldiers,
      i'm from the germany, so excuse my english;)

What do you play?

I'm playing Nl100 Zoom, with Nl200 shots.

Goals and aspirations for poker?

I want to become a tough reg with a good gameplan and a solid mindset.

What do you struggle with?

I got some mindset leaks which i aware of and i'm working on it, but still not having under fully control. I think my biggest problems are trying to chasing losses and when plays not working, running in the top range of villain, suckouts, etc. i am not playing my a-game anymore and spewing too much.

i also struggle a little bit with play 3-bet pots oop against aggressive regs, with hands like TT,JJ,AQ. i think i get played out by some regs, by barreling me of my range i don't have a solid gampelan against it.

what are the best adjustments? calldowns on good boards, more 4-bets and calling less or add some combos aa,kk to have a protected range?

What do you want to get out of the bootcamp?,

I think the bootcamp is very good opurtunity to working a lot more on my game with professionell help and to discuss poker with other good players.

so far, so good
      thx for reading
  • 11 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by kozinus
      I got some mindset leaks which i aware of and i'm working on it, but still not having under fully control. I think my biggest problems are trying to chasing losses and when plays not working, running in the top range of villain, suckouts, etc. i am not playing my a-game anymore and spewing too much.
      Hey kozinus!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. So if you have any questions you can just post them here and let me know in my Q&A thread if I take too long to reply. I'll be trolling around the forums but just so I don't miss anything. :)

Good that you are aware of you're leaks. Then all you need are the right tools to work on them. :)

What would you say is the number one things you would like to remove out of these mindset issues?

Welcome to the bootcamp! :)

- Erik
    • kozinus
      kozinus
      Bronze
      Hi Erik, thx for your answer!

i think my biggest issue right now is, that the results effect me too much. after i'm running bad i try to play more aggressiv or trying to outplay the villains, instead of continuously playing my a-game.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Kozinus,

Did you attend the live seminar yesterday? We spoke about playing 3bet pots out of position and how to protect our range with strong hands, it seems like this would really help you in regards to your troubles of playing 3bet pots oop.
    • kozinus
      kozinus
      Bronze
      hi pleno,
      yes i attend the seminar, it was very nice. i saw that you record the coaching, so i watch it again to work on my gameplan on calling 3-bets oop.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      hi pleno,
      yes i attend the seminar, it was very nice. i saw that you record the coaching, so i watch it again to work on my gameplan on calling 3-bets oop.
      Cool, good news. Post some examples or doubts in the thread of you feel you are struggling yeah?
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hi Erik, thx for your answer!

i think my biggest issue right now is, that the results effect me too much. after i'm running bad i try to play more aggressiv or trying to outplay the villains, instead of continuously playing my a-game.
      My pleasure! :)

If you can elaborate a bit more and give me more detail on this that would be great! And well see if we can get you working on some things to start resolving the issue!

Cheers!
    • kozinus
      kozinus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Post some examples or doubts in the thread of you feel you are struggling yeah?

villain is a reg who seems pretty decent
      stats: 21/16, 3-bet CO 9%, ContBet 3-bet pot 41%, Agg River 2,5

Holdem Manager No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Holdem Manager Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($198)
      BB ($260)
      UTG ($369)
      Hero (MP) ($200)
      CO ($204)
      Button ($200)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J
      1 fold, Hero bets $6, CO raises to $17, 3 folds, Hero calls $11

Flop: ($37) 6, 10, 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $18, Hero calls $18

Turn: ($73) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $33.50, Hero calls $33.50

River: ($140) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $135, Hero folds

i think in the vacuum this is a fold on the river right? he has not enough bluffcombos that he jams on the river imo.

my question here is, do i have call some combos of JJ to strenghten my range?
      or just play exploitive and not playing to balanced, because is not so necessary on nl200 in these spots?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here are some hands who are to bad get it in and to good to fold. i find it very difficult to play these type of hands vs a good reg. do i just have to c/r and float some pots with the right frequency to get +ev or just 4bet/fold and calling less vs a good reg?

Holdem Manager No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - Holdem Manager Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

SB ($207)
      BB ($233)
      UTG ($219)
      MP ($103)
      Hero (CO) ($208)
      Button ($425)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J
      2 folds, Hero bets $6, Button raises to $14, 2 folds, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($31) 6, 9, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $14, Hero folds

this is just a example. i know on this board this is a clear fold, but i think we have to give up too many boards and on a A-high flop it's also tough to calldown. is the playabilty just too bad, although we might be ahead of his bluffing 3-bet part of his range.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

villain seems to be reggish, not many hands on him but has a high 3-bet stat.

SB ($107)
      BB ($111)
      UTG ($89.59)
      MP ($275)
      Hero (CO) ($758)
      Button ($256)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, 10
      2 folds, Hero bets $6, Button raises to $16, 2 folds, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($35) 8, 6, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $22, Hero calls $22

Turn: ($79) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($79) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $218 (All-In), Hero folds
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      In the JJ hand, what do you think about open shoving the river?

AJ hand I think I like to 4bet/fold pre flop, blockers and we're going to c/f the best hand a lot otf if we flat pre.
    • kozinus
      kozinus
      Bronze
      do you mean turning JJ into bluff and representing a fh or flush, i think this would be a nice play, he should be folding QQ+.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi kozinus, how are you, well and winning I hope?

This is just a reminder to try to keep your thread up to date as it encourages others to discuss your thougths and game as well.

For example is there any progress on your orientated mindset that you might like to comment on or ask our coaches about?

As always, I know time can be an issue. Oh and your English is good.

Forwards march! :)

Mal.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Mindset bump! :)