[NL2-NL10] NL10 KQo

• Jaissica
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.2) 6, K, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.4) 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.4) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10.

Final Pot: $4.6.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens(K Q).
      BB shows two pairs, kings and sevens(9 K).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sevens(K Q).

My plan on the flop was bet the flop for value, check the turn for pot control and bluff induce, then call the river.

I play this as my default style HU with TPGK IP. Is it a reasonable line to take regularly, or am I possibly losing some value here? Do we expect villain to pay 3 streets often with top pair, worse kicker hands or possibly underpair PPs?

BB villain at time of hand was complete unknown. SB Villain 150 hands regular looking (19-16, 2% 3bet, 83% FTS)
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      Against unknown assume they are a fish and value bet top pairs good kicker all 3 streets against them. They can call 2nd pairs or worse top pairs. And if they have something better they usually let you know with a check raise.

On a 67K flop there are some draws like 89 9T or middle pocket pairs like to 88 99 TT that could call your bet. You are losing a lot of value by not betting your top pair.

Inducing bluffs when you have top pair against an unknown is not a good plan because the assumption for most unknowns is that they are passive. Value is more important than bluffcatching.