Jorgito78

• jorgito78
      jorgito78
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'm from portugal and I like playing poker. I think is not only the money motivation but perhaps the emotion and the joy of the game. I think in poker we are playing with our minds more than with our cards. I have been playing poker for 3+ years until beggining 2012 but for professional reasons i couldn't dedicate the time so I spent a year without playing. I had a little knowledge (always have read books) and I played mainly in 6-max ring tables. But still I think I have to remember all again and refresh my memory as well somethings I have still to learn and some errors that I never corrected (playing badly in some streets, not reading the players well, etc). Hope I enjoy the course and get the most of it...and of course, share experiences.
  • 2 replies
    • jorgito78
      jorgito78
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      My first motivation is competition and I really enjoy the game. Of course a sideway motivation is money.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? I think my major weakness is tilting too much. Another weakness, and I think a very important one is failing to read the hand (following the betting line, opponent's move) I mean, I think I give a lot of credit and importance to my hand instead of thinking about what my opponent could have.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? Playing Tight Agressive is playing high quality hands (tight) and in a agressive manner (having the iniciative). Instead of calling and checking, we bet or raise. As a TAG we prefer to fold or rasie rather than calling.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by jorgito78
      Hi,
      I'm from portugal and I like playing poker. I think is not only the money motivation but perhaps the emotion and the joy of the game. I think in poker we are playing with our minds more than with our cards. I have been playing poker for 3+ years until beggining 2012 but for professional reasons i couldn't dedicate the time so I spent a year without playing. I had a little knowledge (always have read books) and I played mainly in 6-max ring tables. But still I think I have to remember all again and refresh my memory as well somethings I have still to learn and some errors that I never corrected (playing badly in some streets, not reading the players well, etc). Hope I enjoy the course and get the most of it...and of course, share experiences.
      Hello Jorgito,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan