This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AA

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $16.64
      SB:
      $10.00
      BB:
      $19.62
      MP2:
      $9.23
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.00
      CO:
      $6.55

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 7, 9, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.75) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($3.55) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.40, Hero calls $2.40.

Final Pot: $8.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and nines(A A).
      BU shows a pair of nines(T Q).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and nines(A A).

villain is an unknown; vpip = 100 over 1 hand.

on the flop would it be standard to go broke facing a raise? or to call the raise to keep bluffs in?

on the turn i'm really not worried about pretty much any river card so i decided to check to induce bluffs.

on the river it is the worst card that could have come, but still he has many hands that will continue betting like KQ/KJ/KTs, maybe 88/66/55/44/33/22 that he turns into bluffs. i also block some NF combos too so unless he calls preflop with QsJs/JsTs or some SCs im still way ahead. should i have just kept betting myself since i'm facing an unknown player and have no read that he'll stab when checked to?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

Postflop I prefer just betting myself against unknown.
      Going into check/call lines would be apropriate if we knew the opponent's tendencies, but without knowing anything this is more likely to put us in a tough spot.
      As played, the river is close, since when we check/called the turn we did represented showdown value, so I would rather be inclined to fold the river since FD got there, also the K is a scary card and he might not value bet hands like TT/JJ here.

Also, flop is a bet/fold here. I would definitely not go broke here if he raises.

Best,
      Plamen