[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH 99

• DrDunne
      i misplayed this hand but the reason is because i'm stuck as to what the best play was... and i didn't want to fold LOL :f_biggrin:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9, 9.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 9, Q, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.15) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50.

River: ($6.15) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $6.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).
      CO shows a pair of kings(2 K).

Hero wins with three of a kind, nines(9 9).

villain unknown; 67/33 over 3 hands, opened once in EP and was aggressive through the hand.

on the flop facing the minraise is it best just to raise and go broke? i'm not sure if someone will stack off with KQ and aside from JTs and bluffs, i don't see what else villain has here. maybe i should have raised anyway to protect my equity from bad turns...

turn is a terrible card because now any semi bluffs like J9s, QJs from the flop get there... but he bets just under 50% pot and i only need about 22% equity so i call but i'm really not sure if i should be folding because i'll be OOP on the river and most likely facing another barrel. if i miss i really don't know how to play any river...

i consider myself extremely lucky that he didn't bet the river because i think if it were a more aggro villain i would have had to invest money only to fold here.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop raising is fine.

Against an unknown player I would just 3bet here and get it in on the flop.

As played on the flop, calling the turn looks good to me. I think folding will be weak here although we are OOP.
      On the river I would probably fold if he continues with the aggression, since I'm not really sure that he's going to value bet two pairs in this spot.