$14.02
      MP2:
      $20.83
      MP3:
      $41.12
      CO:
      $11.80

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 6.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.3) Q, 5, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($0.3) 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, SB folds.

River: ($1.45) T (2 players)
      Hero???

SB is fairly tight = 23/20 over 66 hands, the limper is an unknown.

would leading the flop be much better here to get value from FDs? the reason why i didn't lead was because i believe there are a ton of Ax hands in a limper's range and many of which beat my A6. so i decided to play for pot control especially since it's multiway and freeplay.

on the turn i decided to raise for value vs weaker 2pairs, Ax hands and draws which i think will call but i will most likely fold to a raise since SPR is so small and i'm not likely to have the best hand if stacks fly in.

on the river what should my plan be? check/call or bet/fold?

ty
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey DrDunne,

Checking flop is fine, donking is slightly better imo.

As played turn raise is good.

MP3 usually has a draw. He'd bet an Ace on the flop, and he may 3bet turn with spiked 2pair or set on this texture.

There are also sometimes pairs villains range by the river, any Tx that had a draw on the turn, + maybe a Qx that played this way. Preferred line on river is unorthodox underbet/call. I.e bet $0.43 or so and call a raise (unless it's huge).
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hmm that's a really cool idea i didn't consider it. what factors make you say that? i mean the straight draw did get there so i'm slightly concerned...

i went for a check/call on the river. it was a slight overbet of $1.70 but i figured i still have a pretty strong hand so i decided to pick it off. not sure if i would have called a much larger bet.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Usually underbetting can be a good option when there are a mixture of busted draws and weak pairs in opponents range. It's unlikely villain is very strong here otherwise he'd 3bet the turn.

It's true he could hold KJ in which case I'd pay him off. He could also hold busted clubs, busted hearts, TJ, QT, 78, etc etc all of which may raise. He can also hold stuff like TJ, KT, 9:hT, 8:cT which will pay off a small value bet.