$10.00
      MP2:
      $10.91
      MP3:
      $11.28
      CO:
      $10.60

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) A, 7, 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($1.8) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30.

River: ($2.4) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.4.

villain is 100/100 over 3 hands.

i think the hand is standard preflop and on the flop... i don't see any reason to bet flop when JJ/TT/99 might fold, and only AK/AQ/AJs etc will continue.

on the turn it's a pretty pathetic bet which could mean either an induce or a weak bluff. either way i don't see a reason to raise since i'm WA/WB anyway.

on the river i'm not sure if i can call... i don't know if JJ/TT/99 would play this way since they have SDV and might just play passively for that... also i tend to at least consider the possibility that the small turn bet is some sort of probe bet where if i call i'm perceived as weak but if i raise they just fold (the problem is i obviously can't raise here). if that's the case then he would know i can be pushed out on the river. is that a level? :D how would you interpret this line?

ty
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

I think it's a mistake to check that flop. You are BvB and I doubt any villain would fold 88-JJ to you there. They may not even fold 66-22 and even Kx.

As played our hand looks really weak and even though he can bet Ax like this I think we can call the river. If you don't plan on calling a blank river I don't see why you even call the turn.