BB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

RIVER ($1.95) T:spade: J:club: A:diamond: 2:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

BB shows K:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 30%, Flop 91.1%, Turn 96.6%)

Hero shows A:spade: Q:club:
      (Pre 70%, Flop 8.9%, Turn 3.4%)

BB wins $4.62

I decide not to cbet not in order to slowplay but to go for pot control. We can only split with AQ but lose against any other. And getting value out of Jx would be easier on later streets.

T pot size seems strong and there are many 2 pair combos. Was thinking what to do on the R after this call. Wasn't sure but called anyway.

His R bet looks super strong. I should just fold it.

Is it better just to cbet and barrel this T and c behind R?
      Or cbet flop/ c behind T (don't like it so much since we let him draw for free) and bet small R?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: So you are checking to pot control but then you are willing to call really larger bets?

Villain seems nitty over this sample so his big bets look like hands that want to get value and protect. I doubt we beat much of his range so we should fold the turn.

However, I still think we should bet/fold the turn to not give him free cards and also to get value from worse.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Postflop: So you are checking to pot control but then you are willing to call really larger bets?
      I know...stupid stays stupid.

Originally posted by BogdanPSVillain seems nitty over this sample so his big bets look like hands that want to get value and protect. I doubt we beat much of his range so we should fold the turn.
      So if you c behind flop you would just fold this T? I agree with your argument but you're never calling on T and folding on blank R like this?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

I know...stupid stays stupid.

Originally posted by BogdanPSVillain seems nitty over this sample so his big bets look like hands that want to get value and protect. I doubt we beat much of his range so we should fold the turn.
      So if you c behind flop you would just fold this T? I agree with your argument but you're never calling on T and folding on blank R like this?
      Not against a nitty guy like this (even though sample isn't huge).

I just don't see regs potting it there without a hand (that crushes us).