Hero bets $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

RIVER ($4.39) 5:diamond: 2:heart: K:heart: A:club: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      (Pre 88%, Flop 63.6%, Turn 79.5%)

BTN shows 7:heart: Q:heart:
      (Pre 12%, Flop 36.4%, Turn 20.5%)

Hero wins $4.10

I decide not to cbet since I'm pfr and only Kx calls me. I go for c/c because he could have wider range than Kx here.

On T it gets interesting. I go for normal bet since I have more Ax in my range than he has. And he should fold some KQ/ KJ kind of hands. When I see the call however I'm done with the hand.

Villain seems a bit loose after 150 hands and he would definitely 3b preflop top of his range.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that saying that only Kx calls you from a fish is a bit pessimistic.

Plenty of worse can still call and if you have no idea how aggro he is I really dislike going into ck/call mode so I rather bet/fold.

Turn is a complete disaster imo. No fish will fold a Kx to you, at least not for a bet. Your bet is actually more for thin value than a bluff because nothing better folds and some worse calls.

And what you can represent means nothing to a fish that plays 51/16.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Turn is a complete disaster imo. No fish will fold a Kx to you, at least not for a bet. Your bet is actually more for thin value than a bluff because nothing better folds and some worse calls.
      Interesting. Will have it mind next time. But hopefully won't be pushing it too much on boards like this.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAnd what you can represent means nothing to a fish that plays 51/16.
      owned :f_biggrin:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Interesting. Will have it mind next time. But hopefully won't be pushing it too much on boards like this.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAnd what you can represent means nothing to a fish that plays 51/16.
      owned :f_biggrin:
      Same as with the other hand, try to stay away from bluffing fish until you know they can fold bigger hands. Remember that on average a fish is a calling station. A station does not fold flopped top pair, at least not to one bet.