This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] J5 agro move

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      villain 691 hands, 28/24/ opens from SB 62/ 43 folds to 3b/ folds 50% to cbet

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.73)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($8.71)
      UTG+1 ($9.65)
      CO ($4.05)
      BTN ($4.25)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: 5:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, SB calls $0.65

FLOP ($1.90) K:club: Q:diamond: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.15, SB calls $1.15

TURN ($4.20) K:club: Q:diamond: 3:club: A:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.20) K:club: Q:diamond: 3:club: A:spade: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows J:heart: 5:spade:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 4.3%, Turn 9.1%)

SB shows K:diamond: A:heart:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 95.7%, Turn 90.9%)

SB wins $3.92

My plan before the flop was to cbet J+ flops and barrel good T.

Flop is great but he insta called. T comes great also. Was thinking of barreling to get him to fold Qx and weak Kx. But just couldn't pull the trigger.

R bet doesn't makes sense since he's calling any K and Q very often. Was thinking about overbetting but seemed somewhat calling station so in the end I just c behind.

Will avoid playing with this bad kind of hands but can I try it from time to time against better players? This opp wasn't the best for my plan since he called a lot of 3b and many cbets.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: So you have an aggro reg that doesn't fold to 3-bets or cbets (much anyway). So why are we 3-betting such a garbage hand when we can't expect to have many folds, especially BvB?

Postflop: As played I don't mind betting the turn as well but otherwise it looks fine given our hand/board.