Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

RIVER ($4.80) Q:spade: T:heart: J:club: 8:club: A:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

BB shows Q:club: J:heart:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 88.7%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 11.3%, Turn 9.1%)

BB wins $4.48

Hate minr like this when there are many hands we beat but may improve on later streets. Also he already might have 98/ K9. Maybe he does it with some KQ which might c behind on T if he doesn't want to play for bigger pot if he doesn't hit his SD.

T is really ugly in my opinion since we now beat only AQ/ KQ/ JT. His bet seems inviting. I should just fold it since I can't call another bet on the R.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: What range do you expect villain to min raise?

2 pair here is usually weak unless it's top two pair but given his bets he could raise some worse like TJ.

So what range do you have him on? Start from preflop and then move onto the flop and turn (not just turn). Do the entire range not just pieces of it like KQ or 98. So list the hands and combos and it will put things in perspective.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop I like your bet here, and when he minraises I think calling is fine.

As played, I would rather fold this turn. I'm not sure that he bets KQ/AQ/JT here and we still have to play on another street.

Best,
      Plamen
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Agree there are many hands that beat us QJ, K9, 98. But despite being super draw heavy flop we can be good sometimes here. Problem is that we will be OOP for the rest of the hand so we can build the pot and we are in situation to c/c many T.

Originally posted by BogdanPSSo what range do you have him on? Start from preflop and then move onto the flop and turn (not just turn). Do the entire range not just pieces of it like KQ or 98. So list the hands and combos and it will put things in perspective.
      Range than he minr us with is very narrow. Preflop range of KJ, KT, AT, Q9, J9,...does hit this flop but doesn't minr. The range of hands that does this is QJ, K9, 98, and I was hoping KQ and JT. AQ probably 3b preflop so we beat only 2 hands.

Should fold it on the T.

Tnx to both of you.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Agree there are many hands that beat us QJ, K9, 98. But despite being super draw heavy flop we can be good sometimes here. Problem is that we will be OOP for the rest of the hand so we can build the pot and we are in situation to c/c many T.

Originally posted by BogdanPSSo what range do you have him on? Start from preflop and then move onto the flop and turn (not just turn). Do the entire range not just pieces of it like KQ or 98. So list the hands and combos and it will put things in perspective.
      Range than he minr us with is very narrow. Preflop range of KJ, KT, AT, Q9, J9,...does hit this flop but doesn't minr. The range of hands that does this is QJ, K9, 98, and I was hoping KQ and JT. AQ probably 3b preflop so we beat only 2 hands.

Should fold it on the T.

Tnx to both of you.
      You got it,

Most of the time he will not bet the turn with many weaker hands. Maybe TJ or some random KQ/AQ of clubs but thats about it.