[NL2-NL10] K high flush

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      villain seems bad - stack size (only 14 hands on him)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.05)
      BB ($12.43)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($5.36)
      CO ($10.20)
      BTN ($5.27)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 2:club: 6:diamond: 4:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.55) 2:club: 6:diamond: 4:club: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.55) 2:club: 6:diamond: 4:club: 7:club: Q:club:

Hero bets $1.15, BTN raises to $4.57 (AI), Hero calls $3.42

Hero shows A:diamond: K:club:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 13.2%, Turn 6.8%)

BTN shows A:club: 6:heart:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 86.8%, Turn 93.2%)

BTN wins $9.98

Flop c is just giving up not sure why I didn't cbet.
      C/c is just hilarious. This indicates I was ready for some donk betting on T or c/r for good cards = Q+. Folding is much better though.

R I was thinking about betting small like 90c to get a call from some lower :club: but in the end I went for bigger size. Can he shove with J :club: or some misplayed set here?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I'm not sure why you are taking so many ck/call lines in spots where we just end up guessing.

With two overs and backdoors we can just cbet here and we have many turns we can barrel.

As played why are we potting that river? Can he really call T/Jc there or are you trying to induce a bluff? Once he shoves it's a simple fold. Why would a set check back the turn to shove a 4flush river, doesn't really add up ;)
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      As played why are we potting that river? Can he really call T/Jc there or are you trying to induce a bluff? Once he shoves it's a simple fold. Why would a set check back the turn to shove a 4flush river, doesn't really add up ;)
      I'm really off lately. Lost my game completely. That results in making weird plays and complicating situations where I should make simple decisions.

Tnx for your time.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I'm really off lately. Lost my game completely. That results in making weird plays and complicating situations where I should make simple decisions.

Tnx for your time.
      One piece of advice I can give you: try to play "simple" poker at these limits. We don't need to get fancy, especially against unknown opponents.

Simple means: Bet with equity, bet for value, don't bluff too much (meaning 3-barrling fish or random regs with nothing).
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze

Simple means: Bet with equity, bet for value, don't bluff too much (meaning 3-barrling fish or random regs with nothing).
      Noted! Thank you very much. I know that stuff but seem to forget it from time to time :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian

Noted! Thank you very much. I know that stuff but seem to forget it from time to time :D
      Make a sticky note. Put it on your monitor. Or have a notepad open and remind yourself every 10 minutes.

It's all in your hands. Noone else can do it for you.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Hero made 2/3 on the river. Which, I think, is fine. Some worse flushes are calling. Once he raises, I agree, that we can`t stack off here.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hi!

Hero made 2/3 on the river. Which, I think, is fine. Some worse flushes are calling. Once he raises, I agree, that we can`t stack off here.
      Doubt that the villain has any hands besides maybe a rare TT/JJ that can call there. Maybe 1/2 or smaller bet to induce but that's about it.