This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH JJ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $10.45
      SB (Hero):
      $12.50
      BB:
      $6.12
      MP2:
      $15.60
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.94

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB folds, BU calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.9) 3, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.95, BU calls $0.95.

Turn: ($3.8) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.8) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $9.8.

Results follow:

BU shows a pair of fives(7s 4s).
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and fives(Jc Jd).

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and fives(Jc Jd).

i 3bet pre for value, however villain is an unknown: 75/75 over 10 hands.

people seem happy enough calling 3bets IP pretty wide so i expect calls most of the time. a 4bet would suck and i would fold so maybe this in itself favours a call instead but there are lots of flops that i will be in tough spots on if i don't have the initiative...

on the flop i think i can get value from many Ax hands with the draw, TT/99/88 or whatever and any floats with QJs/JTs etc. not 100% sure about my bet but i reckon it does keep things simple for me.

on the turn i planned to check/call once and check/fold the river... not sure if this is a good plan or not. once villain checks back i'm pretty sure he doesn't have a K but i'm not 100% about this either. river is such a blank so i decided to check/call once more to catch any stabs he might have. his bet is pretty damn big for a 3bet pot but given my line i think it seems quite bluffy...

i'm not very good in 3bet pots and this obviously represents one of the more difficult spots since i'm OOP, but i have to learn sometime.

ty
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Given starting positions I think it's an easy 3b/5b for value. Even at NL10 people are just stacking off significantly lighter these days.

Flop: We have the options of check/call or bet. check/call makes our hand face-up vs decent hand readers but is my preferred option vs weaker players. He seems like a weaker player over a smaller sample so this is my preferred option.

If you do bet, I'm probably c/c Turn or river, assuming he has a wide floating range on the Flop. I'm not going to c/c T AND R though, I think weaker players don't fire multi-street bluffs that much

Thanks.