[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Jj

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $47.96 (191.8 bb)
      MP: $25 (100 bb)
      CO: $24.43 (97.7 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $27.22 (108.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) K 5 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $2, Hero ???

38/11, 3bet 13, donkbet total 91, donk/call 3/3, afq 52,23,53, wtsd 19, 166 hands

notes:
      2nd pair donk pot flop, check/call turn, blockbet river,
      AA flatcall minraise preflop multiway

How would you play weak SD hands against this guy ? Based on my note, call a flop bet, fold on turn if he bets again, because he checked his 2nd pair on the turn before? Porblems with this is I give a free card, and every spade, 9, T, Q, A is bad for me, and he is agressive, probably barrels his draws. Maybe raise/fold on flop, bet/fold turn, chb river? Or just give up and wait for a TP+ hand, and let him pay us?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

You don't really 'give a free card'.. You know he bets like that with second pair so you beat that easily. If he bets so often, it's just like he would check all his range but instead he bets it and puts in more money into the pot. You can definitely raise for value with your JJ. It's not weak showdown value on that texture when you are facing such a wide preflop range and such an immense donking frequency. If you get 3bet, I think it's a fold but his most likely action is going to be to call your bet imo.

Your idea of calling is also fine and I would do it quite often but when he leads that much I think you have value in raising. If you call however, you can go with your read. It makes the most sense to use the information at your disposal.