Help with begginer hand

• johnberry256
      Hi guys,

I have a few weeks playing and today I lost my first all in =(, would you please let me know how bad this was played?

The other player was bluffing a lot so I thought that I could win this easily:

BTN: 89 BB
      Hero (SB): 26 BB
      BB: 41.5 BB
      UTG: 173.25 BB
      CO: 114.25 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, CO calls 2 BB

Flop: (11 BB, 2 players) T:spade: J:spade: 4:club:
      Hero bets 5 BB, CO raises to 19 BB, Hero raises to 21 BB, CO calls 2 BB

Turn: (53 BB, 2 players) A:spade:

River: (53 BB, 2 players) 3:club:

Hero mucks Q:spade: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 67%, Flop 83%, Turn 32%)
      CO shows A:club: 5:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 33%, Flop 17%, Turn 68%)
      CO wins 49.5 BB

• 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      hey johnberry256!

preflop you should raise to 3 times his open and call if he goes all in.

on the flop you could bet ~6bb and i think stacking off is fine.

are you intentionally playing with 26bb here?

if not i suggest you check out this page and select either mid stack strategy or big stack strategy. take a look at some of the articles within and i guarantee it will be very helpful :)

also, if you'd like a hand evaluated by one of the judges here, you should post your hand in the relevant hand evaluation forum. there are different forums depending on strategy (e.g. BSS/MSS/SSS) and game format (e.g. tournament/SnG/Cash game).

hope that helps!

[edit: moved to NL board - won't put it to hand evaluation because I'm not sure if you meant to play BSS/MSS/SSS :D ]
    • yougotfelted51
      3b to 8/9bb, jam flop. easy game.

also, pick a strategy to play, either full stack (100bb) mid stack, or short stack.
    • johnberry256
      Hey guys, thanks a lot for the tips! I have been looking at the strategies in the page and reading about NL because I was just playing fixed limit before this, so far I had like it a lot.

I even saw this thing of how much to rise and it has helped and improved my game a lot (yeah, it doesn't require a lot of things to improve my games by a lot being a begginer)

Thanks for the help and for being part of this great community!