This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help with begginer hand

• johnberry256
      johnberry256
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I have a few weeks playing and today I lost my first all in =(, would you please let me know how bad this was played?

The other player was bluffing a lot so I thought that I could win this easily:

---

BTN: 89 BB
      Hero (SB): 26 BB
      BB: 41.5 BB
      UTG: 173.25 BB
      CO: 114.25 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, fold, CO calls 2 BB

Flop: (11 BB, 2 players) T:spade: J:spade: 4:club:
      Hero bets 5 BB, CO raises to 19 BB, Hero raises to 21 BB, CO calls 2 BB

Turn: (53 BB, 2 players) A:spade:

River: (53 BB, 2 players) 3:club:

Hero mucks Q:spade: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 67%, Flop 83%, Turn 32%)
      CO shows A:club: 5:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 33%, Flop 17%, Turn 68%)
      CO wins 49.5 BB

---

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey johnberry256!

preflop you should raise to 3 times his open and call if he goes all in.

on the flop you could bet ~6bb and i think stacking off is fine.

are you intentionally playing with 26bb here?

if not i suggest you check out this page and select either mid stack strategy or big stack strategy. take a look at some of the articles within and i guarantee it will be very helpful :)

also, if you'd like a hand evaluated by one of the judges here, you should post your hand in the relevant hand evaluation forum. there are different forums depending on strategy (e.g. BSS/MSS/SSS) and game format (e.g. tournament/SnG/Cash game).

hope that helps!

[edit: moved to NL board - won't put it to hand evaluation because I'm not sure if you meant to play BSS/MSS/SSS :D ]
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Silver
      3b to 8/9bb, jam flop. easy game.

also, pick a strategy to play, either full stack (100bb) mid stack, or short stack.
    • johnberry256
      johnberry256
      Bronze
      Hey guys, thanks a lot for the tips! I have been looking at the strategies in the page and reading about NL because I was just playing fixed limit before this, so far I had like it a lot.

I even saw this thing of how much to rise and it has helped and improved my game a lot (yeah, it doesn't require a lot of things to improve my games by a lot being a begginer)

Thanks for the help and for being part of this great community!