They call me Gamblor, but you

• SnGeezey
      SnGeezey
      Global
      can call me SnGeezey.

Hello community of hopefully like minded "gamblers". Yes, I said it even though I know. We all know, but it's math and stuff! Anyways.

I've played poker since I was a kid. Remember that day as a kid when you downloaded party poker and won a couple hands? I don't. It happened, but I don't remember it. . . My dad introduced me to poker, 5 card draw, as a kid and I learned how to play the mental game early and wound up enjoying it. End Phase 1.

Phase two happened later in life when I sat down and decided to open up a poker account. I played around until I got a really good feel for the game, then turned on the TV and watched the pro's play and sure enough, we were playing the same hands. But they said stuff that didn't make much sense to me at all. He's getting 2.5:1, and value bet. So I bought a book, and you probably know exactly what book I bought. Yup, Super System. End Phase 2, part 1.

It wasn't enough so I kept reading, digging and found myself learning enough about poker to say I know the bare minimum. Joined a free-roll site, won a couple bucks. Played the Merge Freeroll, place under 100 a couple times. Then I realize, I'm a 1%'r!

So why not take Poker to the next level? Why not get that 1% and turn it into .8%.

Begin Phase 3.

-SnGeezy, the Gamblor
  • 5 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I played penny-ante 5-Card Draw all through my teens.
      That and stud and a bunch of other games like Red Dog, Monty and such.

I didn't hear of Hold'em until much later.

Cheers -- good to have you with us!
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Welcome SNGeezey!

Love the name by the way! :f_love:

So, good luck in phase 3 - what does this entail?

Best regards,
      Gary
    • SnGeezey
      SnGeezey
      Global
      Right now it's videos, books, practice, the usual.

Picked up, The Intelligent Poker Player and started learning FLHE.
      Improving my Exploitative game.
      Work, recreation, diet, exercise (mental fitness)

Finally I'm looking for a mentor and/or coach or group to help me find my own flaws.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SnGeezey

Finally I'm looking for a mentor and/or coach or group to help me find my own flaws.
      You've got a forum full of great members and players right here!
    • SnGeezey
      SnGeezey
      Global
      I've been searching the forum-net for more advanced material, from the threads I've lurked so far, most threads basically fall under my category of "Learning to Play". As I've seen less discussion of theory and tons basic strategy discussion.

Hope to see you two around. Lurking mode is on.