Bronze
      BTN: $4.10 (102.5 bb)
      SB: $4.43 (110.7 bb)
      BB: $3.64 (91 bb)
      MP: $4.61 (115.3 bb)
      CO: $3.46 (86.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A :club: T :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) K:heart: 8:diamond: T:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.26) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, BTN raises to $0.48, BB raises to $3.52, BTN folds

unkn . but not a full stacked so prob a fishy player.

on the flop i check for pot control + we dont get many streets of value. However as i see the hand again there are some draws J9, QJ type hands + some worst Tx so better to cbet and 2nd barrel on small cards or if we hit ?

on the turn after i check the flop the opp donks . I improved to 2 pair so i raise for value but when he shoves (pretty fast also ) i fold.

Ok play ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think check is fine. Bet is also fine with 2nd pair top kicker when the board is so draw heavy and we can gain value from worse TX/8X/straight draws type of hands.

Both options are close

Turn: He leads and you raise. I think that's reasonable. He's bad and probably calls with a ton of worse hands like KQ or AX. Now he jams.

We need to call 3.40 more in a pot which will have 7.30 in total. That's 46.5% pot odds.

Do we have that? Why don't you practice with poker stove/pokerstrategy equilab. Assign him a range and see if you have enough equity to call it off here?

Thanks.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Hi,

You are right for the practis on the equilab. I give him a strong range 2pairs + an KdJd for draws (TT, 88, A8s, KJs-KTs, K8s, QJs, A8o, KTo, QJo) and i get 46,1% so close to break even ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If your assumptions are right you'll have to call. But I think you are being a little too optimistic. This is likelier to be a fold, I think he has QJ way more often than a pair+draw or a weaker two pair.