This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh ATo BTN

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BTN: $4.10 (102.5 bb)
      SB: $4.43 (110.7 bb)
      BB: $3.64 (91 bb)
      MP: $4.61 (115.3 bb)
      CO: $3.46 (86.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A :club: T :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) K:heart: 8:diamond: T:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.26) A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, BTN raises to $0.48, BB raises to $3.52, BTN folds

unkn . but not a full stacked so prob a fishy player.

on the flop i check for pot control + we dont get many streets of value. However as i see the hand again there are some draws J9, QJ type hands + some worst Tx so better to cbet and 2nd barrel on small cards or if we hit ?

on the turn after i check the flop the opp donks . I improved to 2 pair so i raise for value but when he shoves (pretty fast also ) i fold.

Ok play ?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I think check is fine. Bet is also fine with 2nd pair top kicker when the board is so draw heavy and we can gain value from worse TX/8X/straight draws type of hands.

Both options are close

Turn: He leads and you raise. I think that's reasonable. He's bad and probably calls with a ton of worse hands like KQ or AX. Now he jams.

We need to call 3.40 more in a pot which will have 7.30 in total. That's 46.5% pot odds.

Do we have that? Why don't you practice with poker stove/pokerstrategy equilab. Assign him a range and see if you have enough equity to call it off here?

Thanks.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Hi,

You are right for the practis on the equilab. I give him a strong range 2pairs + an KdJd for draws (TT, 88, A8s, KJs-KTs, K8s, QJs, A8o, KTo, QJo) and i get 46,1% so close to break even ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      If your assumptions are right you'll have to call. But I think you are being a little too optimistic. This is likelier to be a fold, I think he has QJ way more often than a pair+draw or a weaker two pair.