Af

• windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      how would I know how aggressive my opp is using AF does 3 means aggressive like which number is normal and nitty or passive Im having a problem w AF.. for example Im at the BU w AK.. BB called my raise and flop comes K35 he checked I cbet he reraise and ofcourse I went broke.. he had a set.. so Im not sure how to use it.. somehow as well as 3 bet :D
  • 5 replies
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Windar,

Do not rely on AF too much. Stats like this are meant to give you an overview of a the player type you are up against whether he is aggressive or passive. Nothing beats note taking and deducing villain's actions based on his range and flop texture.

In your example, you should be cautious if villain is passive type since he most likely has a hand that beats one pair. If villain is loose, then a flop 3bet is usually a steal or a weak pair since he'll most likely slowplay a big hand and let you bet as you have the initiative.

Ofc, this would not apply on all players esp against good regs as they are capable of balancing their action.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      Anyway, to answer your question about AF, I think most good players fall somewhere between 2.5-4, while some tough winning players may go higher.

However this stat is relative to a player's PFR. Example, If a nitty player's PFR is 11, he usually have a higher AF since he will be raising a lot postflop given that he has a strong preflop range. On the other hand, a loose winning player may have a lower AF since he will mostly give up postflop against aggression given that he has a weaker prelfop-open range.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      This video may help: https://www.pokertracker.com/videos/PT4/leaktracker/leaktracker-aggression-factor-af
    • windar021
      windar021
      Bronze
      So you mean a player who has 45 VPIP and AF of 3 most likely has a weak hand on the flop since he enter pots with wide range and playing it aggressively?

And a player Who might called call preflop w VPIP of 12 and AF of 3 will most like has a good hand since the range prefop is strong?
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      yes