[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH anon table

• Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      This hand is played at an anonymous table vs a 22/20 with 7 3bet in 148 hands with him at the time. Not much known about him.

Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $67.67 (135.3 bb)
      SB: $9.57 (19.1 bb)
      BB: $131.37 (262.7 bb)
      MP: $86.41 (172.8 bb)
      CO: $65.34 (130.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 8 4 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.75, BB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $13, BB calls $8.50

Turn: ($28.25) 2 (2 players)
      BB checks,

How much should I bet on the turn?
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Is there something wrong with my com or is your hand not displaying properly?

You might want to repost the hand.

Assuming you have the nuts, I think just half potting is fine. Pot will be 56 on the river and you will have 40 left. That seems fine. If you bet too large then remaining stacks relative to pot size will be kind of awkward.

Thanks.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I posted the hand with no hole cards so we can focus on ranges.

Why do you assume I have the nuts?

With what ranges of hands do you find yourself in this spot and how much do you bet and with what plan?

With what do you think villain is capable of calling the 3bet on the flop?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well if you want me to focus on ranges you should have mentioned it.

1) We don't want to be 3bet bluffing here too often. We have limited info on villain. If you knew he checkraised a lot then 3b is fine. I think your 3b size on the Flop is way too large for it to be a bluff. I don't think it's a good size if u want to have a bluff range here. I would make it 10 or 11 if i wanted to bluff.

2) His range here is going to be mostly draws. Half pot works and if the flush completes and he shoves I just fold. I would check back with my sets on club rivers. Give him insufficient direct odds to draw to the flush but he will think he have implied odds. if u make a disciplined fold then he is not getting sufficient implied odds to make the call.

Sometimes he may have something like JT though and bluff us out of the hand but I don't think it would be a good call on a 2 tone turn where he may be drawing to a chop with some dead outs if we had something like JcTc.

Ultimately we cannot focus on ranges here when we have so limited info on villain and I find that I am not wanting to 3b bluff the flop. Our range becomes ultra-polarized too when we are deep.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      How do you play on the flop the ranges you continue with after the check/raise? With this information that you have on the villain, just that mentioned in the first post. Also keep in mind that you can't have much more information on someone because all stats are reset after somebody leaves the table.

What what range that you don't give up (entirely) do you choose to check behind instead of cbeting?

Well if you want me to focus on ranges you should have mentioned it.
      Ok. Next time I will mention in the first post.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Given stack depth and his line, I just don't expect him to have thin value check/raises at all.

He should be shoving most of his top set mid set type of hands on the Flop. So when he flats here his range is dominated by flush draws, maybe JT, and occasionally bottom set which doesn't want to isolate itself vs the top of your range (higher sets and strong combo draws)

Are you talking about Hero or Villain's POV? Assuming you are talking about Hero facing a CR, I'm flatting bottom set here on the Flop, and probably 3betting Flop with 88/99. I'll probably 3b JcTc too and flat most draws/89. If villain is extremely barrel happy i may also flat 88/99.

Thanks
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      So you say that on the turn given our/your range of 3betting and "knowing" villains range of calling a 3bet, a bet of 1/2 pot on the turn is good. Then if he calls (with bad flushdraw odds thinking he has implieds) we fold even the sets if he donkbets on a card that completes the flop flushdraw.

How about JcTc? How do you bet this hand on the turn? And with what plan on the river?
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Also, when you just call the check/raise with 44 or 89, how do you plan to play on different turns?

And by "most draws" what do you mean? How do you play 8cJc, 8cTc, 8c6c, 8cAc? How about AcTc, AcJc, AcQc, AcKc, Ac6c, Ac5c, QcTc? How about Qc5c, Kcxc?

I guess that TT+ you also play with call vs the check/raise. Or what is your plan?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      "So you say that on the turn given our/your range of 3betting and "knowing" villains range of calling a 3bet, a bet of 1/2 pot on the turn is good. Then if he calls (with bad flushdraw odds thinking he has implieds) we fold even the sets if he donkbets on a card that completes the flop flushdraw."

Yes

I actually prefer flatting instead of 3betting Flop with JcTc because of stack depth. We would have to raise super large on the Flop to have a turn pot-size bet.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Also, when you just call the check/raise with 44 or 89, how do you plan to play on different turns?

And by "most draws" what do you mean? How do you play 8cJc, 8cTc, 8c6c, 8cAc? How about AcTc, AcJc, AcQc, AcKc, Ac6c, Ac5c, QcTc? How about Qc5c, Kcxc?

I guess that TT+ you also play with call vs the check/raise. Or what is your plan?
      I bet/call Flop with the K high and A high flush draws. I fold the weaker ones as they have reversed implied odds. I ship on draw heavy turns with 44/89 and maybe call again on blankish turns.

With TT+ I would definitely call the Flop raise and probably call blank Turns vs aggro guys