pokerstars lobby (not responding)

• 18 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      No problem here. Maybe try a Re-Install?
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      i am ok too
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Any fix yet dragan2171?
    • dragan2171
      dragan2171
      Silver
      yes,

it is ok , after reboot comp.

:facepalm:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Happy grinding and don't forget me when you ship something huge ;) :P
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Stars did a server restart this morning.
      I saw something about it in the client yesterday.
    • adiv22851
      adiv22851
      Basic
      Since the newest updates to testpokerstars and pokerstars.com in the last week of March 4, 2013. I am unable to login to lobby...it like freezes and (not responding). My operating system is Windows 7 Professional and Norton 360 is my virus protection. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my testpokerstars, but continue to have the problem. I even shut off my virus protector and that didn't help. I have also tried running both testpokerstars and pokerstars main as administrator and that didn't help. I also uninstalled my Norton 360 and tried login to both testpokerstars and pokerstars main and they both still freeze (not responding). Can anyone please help me figure this out.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adiv22851
      Since the newest updates to testpokerstars and pokerstars.com in the last week of March 4, 2013. I am unable to login to lobby...it like freezes and (not responding). My operating system is Windows 7 Professional and Norton 360 is my virus protection. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my testpokerstars, but continue to have the problem. I even shut off my virus protector and that didn't help. I have also tried running both testpokerstars and pokerstars main as administrator and that didn't help. I also uninstalled my Norton 360 and tried login to both testpokerstars and pokerstars main and they both still freeze (not responding). Can anyone please help me figure this out.
      I logged on today with no problem
      (lobby was a bit slow to load - but it eventually did)

Sorry I am not of anymore help
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by adiv22851
      Can anyone please help me figure this out.
      I'm going to take a wild guess that some Pokerstars file or other did not get replaced correctly.

DO NOT just uninstall, because some files -- like player notes -- may need to be preserved.

DO contact pokerstars support.
      Although I haven't heard of any, I am sure that this has happened to others
      They will know what to do.

Best Regards,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey adiv22851,

I would definitely contact PokerStars support and I'm sure they're technical team will have you up and running in no time at all!

Let us know how you get on please :)

Welcome to the community!

Gary
    • adiv22851
      adiv22851
      Basic
      I have sent testpokerstars and pokerstars support 2 or 3 emails, I even attached my log files for testpokerstars. I have not heard a work from them either one. In my test poker log file I noticed that there was a error as follows:

'Utc_WG_b.ttf' font installation error ( 13 )

'Utc_WG_.ttf' font installation error (13 )

Does anyone know what this means and how to correct it. When I try loading pokerstars it like freezes up when I try to click on login. Then it says testpokerstars GUI (not responding).
      This is really frustrating, because testpokerstars or pokerstars has not answered any of my emails, so I can get this correct, so I can play poker ?( Can anyone here in this forum help me fix this problem. Thank you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

I have to say that it is really unusual that PokerStars are not answering your query. They have the best customer service by a country mile :)

I have no idea about your problem unfortunately. I guess you've tried google? I can only really refer you back to PokerStars support - support@pokerstars.com and hopefully they will answer you this time :)

Regards,
      Gary
    • mad2ogs
      mad2ogs
      Bronze
      Have your had any luck with this problem?

I also came across this error, and the my lobby also freezes from time to time. Not all the time though.

Anyways, my PokerStars runs on Linux (CentOS 6.4), throgh wine software.

If you have any new let me know...

thanks
      Mad2ogs
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey mad2ogs,

Have you spoken to PokerStars support regarding your issue?

Gary
    • mad2ogs
      mad2ogs
      Bronze
      Hey Gary,

Thanks for the quick response. Actually i have not spoken to the pokerstars team. Did not even think of doing, because i am using a non-conventional platform, which is not suported by them (i supposse)

But, as i said, the problem appears once in a while. Most of the time, i can get into one table only, as the other screens frezzes, but not the screen of the table im on playing. Once i close the table screen (finish playing), the other screens unfreeze. Strange this.

What do you think about this? Should i bother pokerstars with this?

thansk
      Mad2ogs
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey,

You would not be bothering them! They want you to play as comfortably and as regularly as possible :D

Send them an e-mail and hopefully they can help you out :)
    • changcarrot
      changcarrot
      Bronze
      i am having the same problems also

i am running on windows 7.

my lobby always freezes once in a while. my tables would freeze too. thankfully, it hasnt caused me any big pots yet.

this problem started occuring approx like 2 weeks back. nv had this problem before then
    • pokey2000
      pokey2000
      Basic
      I Had the same problem and I started up task manager and clicked on the pokerstars.exe which was highlighted (not responding) I right clicked and selected the "analyze wait chain" option and discovered that my printer program in this case hpqar.08 was using the same port required by the pokerstars gui. I terminated the printer program and now have full uninterupted acess to pokerstars lobby and all.... I hope this helps :f_cool: