MP3: $12.55 - 628 bb
      CO: $2.13 - 107 bb
      BU: $0.66 - 33 bb
      SB: $1.25 - 63 bb
      BB: $2.01 - 101 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.221.5

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 9:diamond:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), BB posts big blind ($0.02), MP3 folds, Hero raises for $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) A:club: , 8:spade: , 2:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB calls

Turn: ($0.25 - 12.50 bb) J:heart: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BB raises for $0.12, Hero calls

River: ($0.49 - 24.50 bb) 6:club: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Edit: He had KTs (clubs)

I knew he had a flush in the end so I didn't ra ise his slowplay, but so pathetic he raised the turn with nothing.. NL2 is unbeatable, so much stuff like this happens.
  • 6 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mat,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We should cbet larger for value and protection. No need to bet under half pot there (you also induce bluff raises).

As played why do you bet so small on the turn? He raised the turn because you are inducing a lot (you look weak) with your hand.

We should bet at least 1/2 pot there for thin value.

Nl2 isn't unbeatable. Stuff like this happens because we make mistakes and don't charge our opponents enough. Sure he gets there either way but in most cases he doesn't and make a lot of $.

As a side note, hit the advise judge to take another look button when you leave a reply.

Best regards,

Bogdan
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks, so basically you are telling me to bet half the pot (or a bit higher), and then again on the turn, basically as a way of showing them my hand is strong, and maybe discourage them from calling/raising because they might not hit the FD?

I can see why it's more money in the long term, because they might not hit the flush all the time, but it's happening more often than not.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Mat55
      Thanks, so basically you are telling me to bet half the pot (or a bit higher), and then again on the turn, basically as a way of showing them my hand is strong, and maybe discourage them from calling/raising because they might not hit the FD?

I can see why it's more money in the long term, because they might not hit the flush all the time, but it's happening more often than not.
      No, you bet larger for pure value not necessarily to tell them your hand is strong. That's just a by-product.

Them hitting the flush or draw is a % chance. It's always the same but in the short term it can feel like they hit it more often than not. Our brain also remembers the "pains" a lot more than anything else. So when they don't hit the draw it looks "standard" and you don't remember it. But when they hit you do.

For example, on the turn, he has 9 outs for the flush. That's only about 18% chance to hit it by the river which means that's LESS than 1 in 5 times.
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Mat,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We should cbet larger for value and protection. No need to bet under half pot there (you also induce bluff raises).

As played why do you bet so small on the turn? He raised the turn because you are inducing a lot (you look weak) with your hand.

We should bet at least 1/2 pot there for thin value.

Nl2 isn't unbeatable. Stuff like this happens because we make mistakes and don't charge our opponents enough. Sure he gets there either way but in most cases he doesn't and make a lot of $.

As a side note, hit the advise judge to take another look button when you leave a reply.

Best regards,

Bogdan

I was in beginning so desparate as you in NL2, I thought I am so much unlucky (which might be true) but the real reason for not winning is that I was making so many mistakes. Most of mistakes were when I get raised on any street I was calling with TPTK instead of folding (because most people raise with nuts only at this limit). And I was bluffing too much, which is not nessecary in NL2-NL10.
      So I started analysing more my hands, posting in forum, and learning from mistakes. So my goal was to minimize the mistakes I make, not to chase the money. Then when I beat NL2, I immeadetely beat NL5 and NL10 because the players are almost the same quality. In NL20 the same thing, again desparate, thought I am unlucky, but actually too many mistakes.
      Hope it helps you.
    • Mat55
      Mat55
      Bronze
      Thanks, I will try to study more and find my leaks (I found a MAJOR one which costs a lot of my chips) and learn how much I should be raising to get the most value.