[NL2-NL10] NL2 A8s catching a fish

• trzewia
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) 3, 6, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.19) 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.39) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.38, Hero raises to $1.91, UTG2 calls $1.53.

Final Pot: $4.21.

UTG2 was VPIP/PFR around 70/40. I played a bit looser against him trying to catch him. His post-flop game wasn't too impressive (BTW is there a single good HUD stat for roughly evaluating people's post-flop play or aggression). This is my magnum opus :) Wasn't this draw too risky? (only noticed it on turn actually) Keep in mind I was pretty much focusing just on this guy.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Trzewia,

Preflop: Why are we limping with just one limper? He plays loose (per your stats) so you should always isolate here, raise it to 10c-12c. We want to play HU with him and have initiative, plus we don't want a small pot when we hit and we don't want to allow BB to see a cheap flop.

Postflop: As played I would fold the flop. We only have backdoors and we don't hit often enough. Turn is a fold as well with just a gut shot.

Once we hit the river shoving is fine, he may call because he wants to split.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, please hit the "Advise judge to take another look" button.