This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 A8s catching a fish

• trzewia
      trzewia
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.77
      BU:
      $1.95
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB:
      $0.82
      UTG2:
      $3.26
      MP1:
      $2.51
      MP2:
      $0.73
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.09

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.07) 3, 6, 4 (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.19) 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.39) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.38, Hero raises to $1.91, UTG2 calls $1.53.

Final Pot: $4.21.

UTG2 was VPIP/PFR around 70/40. I played a bit looser against him trying to catch him. His post-flop game wasn't too impressive (BTW is there a single good HUD stat for roughly evaluating people's post-flop play or aggression). This is my magnum opus :) Wasn't this draw too risky? (only noticed it on turn actually) Keep in mind I was pretty much focusing just on this guy.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Trzewia,

Preflop: Why are we limping with just one limper? He plays loose (per your stats) so you should always isolate here, raise it to 10c-12c. We want to play HU with him and have initiative, plus we don't want a small pot when we hit and we don't want to allow BB to see a cheap flop.

Postflop: As played I would fold the flop. We only have backdoors and we don't hit often enough. Turn is a fold as well with just a gut shot.

Once we hit the river shoving is fine, he may call because he wants to split.

As a side note, when you leave a reply, please hit the "Advise judge to take another look" button.