UTG: $10.67
      MP: $26.30 47/5 66 hands
      CO: $10.25
      BTN: $30.09
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $10.90

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, MP calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.30, 2 players) J:club: A:club: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $0.93, MP calls $0.93

Turn: ($3.16, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2.40, MP raises to $10.21, Hero calls $6.07 and is all-in

River: ($20.10, 2 players) T:spade:

MP shows J:spade: Q:club: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 34%, Flop 22%, Turn 14%)
      Hero mucks K:spade: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Kings) (Pre 66%, Flop 78%, Turn 86%)
      MP wins $19.10

Villain looks like a fish.
      3betting preflop looks fine. I made it 6BB so it looks like a standart raise preflop. I am not a fan of going all in vs minraiser preflop. And larger raise could initiate either allin or fold.

FLOP: Looks good for me, so I should punish the fish. Bet size is 3/4 pot for value. His range is like any underpair, AQ, AT, KQ, KJ, KT, QJ, QT, Ax, Jx - so really a lot.

TURN: Even better for us. Taking in account his range he has not hit many of his hands that beat us now with 2 pair. Best combos he has that threat us are flush draws and straight draws.

Checking here was someway a defence against looses if he has big hand and i could get an update from his bet size about hand strength.

Villains donkbet looked like my hand is still best. With straight he would bet higher.

I go for a CHK/raise and shove any river but flush.

Instead I get a shove from villain. Looks like easy call where I dominate.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Ilioas,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop is fine.

But checking is a mistake given the reasons you described. There's no information you can gain without prior history. If he pots it do you put him on just QT? What if he bets small to keep us in and induce with JJ or QT?

We should check only if we expect him to bet a really wide range and then call off. So in other words we check to ck/raise for pure value.

Otherwise simply bet 2.7-2.9 or so.