Easy Game

• Jatzek3
      Jatzek3
      Bronze
      Hi There!

Poker History

1. SNG
      I'm from Poland, i am 26 and try to make my living from poker. I started playing poker whith 9person SNG for 1$ had some good run ive beeten the 1-3$ whith nice roi, it was about 3-4 years ago. I didnt read much about strategy and been playing whith knowlege from few articles.Then i move to pokerstars, where after a short period of playing 9man SNG i moved to 45man SNG for 1$. and played a while.

I didnt had any theoretycial knowlegde of ranges, ICM or anything, and rather played on a filling, and was observing the tables. I did not do much of volume, but it was only a beggining.

2. FR Cash beggings
      Then i moved to cash games, it was abou 2years ago. It NL10FR on P*, i played there for some times, and even thopugh i read some articles, i still didnt knew exactly how to play, and from i can gain knowlagde. I played 19/11 multitabling 8-9 tabl;es, and made good Table selection, so i had decent WR. I put attention to other players, i kept watching how the fishes was playing.
      When I moved from stars on the Ipopker network, due to my little knowlegde how to play. Since i didnt spend to much time on studying poker i had VERY large downswing for about 150BI. My game was reckles this time i didnt knew how to play in general. But till this downswing i was winnig player for about 3bb/100 on NL10 and NL20.

This was a big breakthrough in my poker carrier, i started to pay more attention to studying poker. I think that this Downswing was the best what it could happen to me. On the begging, i went to coachings from pokerstrategy for BSS i sometimes posted my hands. But still playing was the major part of my poker.
      I made very nice profit on exploatitng of Nit-Bot players on Ipoker NL20 - It was about 5-6bb/100.

Every thing was nice i finished university i was working for some time, on the begging as an accountant, then as historian, for some time. But since they didnt pay me well, and had a little of stress in the job i decided Year ago to be a poker pro.

3. Playing for $$$
      Since playing poker gave me way more money then any other job. I decided to fully leave the job and move to poker. From my WR i guessed that it will be easy money, and will be quickly moving up the stakes. There wasnt so much of traffic on Ipoker NL50 FR so i moved to Party poker.

I made few mistakes, werent ready mentally for NL50 and for some time i was loosing some money for a little while. The spring come and also some parties and i didnt have so much motivation to learn and was back grinding mindlesly only to have the dimond or to have a bonus which had an expiration date. I also met a girl later so form the spring to the end of Last year i didnt learn to much poker.

Beside that i think im quite social and open like contact whith people and i miss it a bit by playing on the internet.
      x

Short Hand
      For about a month i had an idea to stop mindlesly gring 18 tables of NL25/5 FR and start to make decent table selection and play NL50/ NL100 SH and Fr it worked for some time but lastly i got a few more-or-less coolers and lost some money and decided to not play NL100 since i play scary moneyt and it will be wiser for me to just play NL 50 FR and Sh, and when i gather some bigger roll and advance in skill i will move to NL100. I supose that NL100FR i will play quicker becouse there are better tables at Party Poker(read more fishes at the tables, easier hand reading) and have some excperience in FR and when i will feel comfortable I will move up the stakes on SH.

MY poker Goals
      -Till the end of the year I want to have the knowlegde which will allow me to win on NL SH MIdstakes
      -Be a winnnigs player on NL200 SH
      -Participate in study Groups of FR and Sh
      -Get some private coachings
      -Start to work with equilab, and HM2(i didnt analyze my game to much so far and havent to much of sweet sessions and private coathings- which i konw that could be very helpfull in advancing in my game
      - Regularly patricipate in BOOTCAMP discussion
      - Become very efficent in learning

This are my poker goals I hope that thanks to bootcamp i will be better player and have more motivation to work on my game. I also plan eventualy instal microphone and be able to participate in sweet sessions and poker discusions on Skype.

I watched Shntzlefish's videos learning to learn, and have planned to read skyrocceting through your lief-poker
      I listened quite a bit to brian tracy work and have a big insight on setting goals and measuring it. I think that i had good mindset, my leak is that i dont end the sessions before i star deconcentrating an loose some money not paying attention to the game. I dont Tilt often, and when i do i just close the tables.

My biggest mistake in poker it was playing to much tables and not putting enopugh attention to study.

EDIT: i went through my post and realised that i have a big leak on concentrating on not active learning like wathing videos, or reading articles, and not concentrate on active work whith my game, such as Analyzing my game postsession, finding leaks, or improve my play. I gather theoretical information, but not include them often to my play
  • 8 replies
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching.

I would gladly help with anything poker related! tilt, A-Game and mindset!
      Anything you can think of :)

Cheers and welcome to the Bootcamp!

- Erik
    • Jatzek3
      Jatzek3
      Bronze
      For now my stats and graph

i just started to play SH, and i think that i hit badrun, but also loose some money on tilt and in spots that i know that i didnt play optimally for my skill

[img][IMG]https://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2310/statsyor.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

[img][IMG]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6478/wykreskt.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hi there Jatzek3!

I think it's awesome that you already went through a lot of my material and also Brian Tracy's stuff :) .

What do you think are the reasons that you are unable to concentrate/learn actively? Do you get bored? Do you perhaps burn out? Become tired? Do other thoughts find their way into your head?

-Primož
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Jatzek3, let's hope we find you well today?

This is just a reminder to try to find time if you can to keep your thread updated and current, it encourages others to discuss your progress as well.

Have you had further thought about Primoz' question?

March on!

Mal.
    • Jatzek3
      Jatzek3
      Bronze
      Hi Primoz

The thing whith actively studding like analyzing hand ranges, work whith equilator, or analizing databese seems for me much of a trouble and i have difficulty to find motivation for this tasks.

I dont find it hard to work whith ready materials or joining a discussion on coachings, but find it very difficult to get to analyze my game after a session or something. Im a slighly winning player( 2bb/100) on large sample and find it difficult to work on my play i think becouse the results of it wonty be vissible so fast, on my WR.

Im also having a HUGE problem whith calling to often, i think that im not the only one whith this problem that even when i should fold and i know it i still call, can you show me the way to get this problem of my hhead. I know taht this is a mindset leak and not whith skills.

Dont pay to much attention to my latest graph it was run bad, now ive got better run.

Ive been partying a little lately so didnt find, to much time for bootcamping, but i will definetly get knowledge from the bootcamp seminars of OR ranges.

About Brian Tracy I studied it quiet deply and have big knowlege on managing time. But when i follow his ruls it like working 16h a day and being like a robot, so dont stricly follow what he writes becouse i know that balance is important in life, and going whith Brian Tracey time managment and focus turns you more or less in to robot who is planning very strictly when to have fun.

So i dont follow stricly all of Brian Tracey rules, and just have a calendar on what i should focus this months. When solving a problem i do it sistemacly, writing the progres,, but i dont make a specyfic scheduelle for the day
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by Jatzek3
      Im also having a HUGE problem whith calling to often, i think that im not the only one whith this problem that even when i should fold and i know it i still call, can you show me the way to get this problem of my hhead. I know taht this is a mindset leak and not whith skills.
      Hey!

I'm just going to hijack this part of the thread :)

Could you please talk me through one or two specific examples were to try to describe what its like to be you when you make a call that you afterwards now is incorrect? So that i can be in your shoes...
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey again,

have you perhaps simply tried breaking down those tasks that are ugly and difficult? Working with equilator should be easier to do for 15minutes than for 1 hour for example. Once you manage to do it for 15 minutes daily though, it should be easier to gradually increase that amount ;) .

-Primož
    • sirrybob
      sirrybob
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi, I saw that you said you are not very motivated to work on your game because you think it will take a long time to see results.

I have to stop you there! I think the difference between someone winning at 1-2bb/100 and someone winning at 4-5bb/100 is often very small. If you are a winner you are obviously doing a lot of things right - but definitely doing some things wrong and since the limits you are playing are not vry high - the things you're doing wrong are probably not subtle nor hard to correct.

I would definitely recommend to you to watch some of the videos posted in the bootcamp and try to work hard on your game. The first thing I would start with is learning how to 3bet a wider range - this is not a tough exercise and it alone will possibly increase your winrate by 1bb/100 if implement correctly.