BTN: $10.00
      SB: $11.9751/3 173 hands

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:spade: 9:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, SB calls $0.25, fold

Flop: ($1.00, 3 players) Q:spade: 2:diamond: 3:diamond:
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, fold

Turn: ($3.00, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      SB bets $2.90, Hero raises to $22.35 and is all-in, SB calls $7.77 and is all-in

River: ($24.34, 2 players) A:spade:

SB shows Q:diamond: 5:diamond: (Flush, Queen High) (Pre 33%, Flop 96%, Turn 80%)
      Hero shows 9:spade: 9:heart: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 67%, Flop 4%, Turn 20%)
      SB wins $23.34

Villain is a fish. His calling in multiway pot soes not say that he has a monster.

How to interpret Pot-size bets on flop? What should be continuation range?

Flop: Villain fishiness makes me think that he has some Qx hand or some underpair. In my opinion there should not be a sign of flush draws (except weak backdoors).
      My plan was to call and hope that his aggression will shut off with any turn card.

TURN: I was wrong about aggression, though I cought top set.
      As for he should not have much flushes in his range now, I feel confident about my set. He does not have QQ either.
      So I go for max value against Qx, pocket pair hands.

The general question is - how to make a "stop switch" for potential large and unwanted pots where I am only with TPTK?
      F.eg.- in this case - should I fold my AQ hand against his flop pot bet or turn pot bet if there would not be flush card on turn?

My concern is that I am floating the green line around zero because I am involving too much in bad spots with good cards?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop raising is fine.

I think the flop is rather a fold here. Villain looks quite passive and he decides to donk potsize, also we have a player behind, plus there are multiple turn cards on which we don't know how to play.
      I would continue here with QT or better, and FD as well.

On the turn, facing another huge bet, I would rather call and reevaluate the river.

Overall, we should just refrain ourselves from going into tough spots (calling the flop) against passive players when they show aggression.

In this spot, I would call both flop and turn with AQ and plan to fold the river if he shoves.