[NL20-NL50] Overplayed AK

• Rialli
      Rialli
      Bronze
      I did not have any stats on this guy, however he had been minraising my blinds and I had C-bet folded a couple of times while he was at the table. Could I play this different?

When analysing afterwards I realised I was behind according to the range I can put him on. Maybe he'll try to take it with air on the flop(with regards to our history) with something like AT.

KK+, 55, 33, AcKc, AcQc, AcJc, KcQc, KcJc, AK, KQ

Board: Ks Th 5c 3c
      Dead:

Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 53.830 % 43.098 % 21.465 % 35.438 %
      KK+, 55, 33, AcKc, AcQc, AcJc, KcQc, KcJc, AK, KQ

Player 2: 46.170 % 35.438 % 21.465 % 43.098 % AdKh

----------------------------------------

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Hero ($36.42)
      Button ($32.38)
      SB ($38.14)
      BB ($13.65)
      UTG ($25.71)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, K.
      UTG raises to $0.5, Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, UTG calls $1.25.

Flop: ($3.85) K, 5, 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $6, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($15.85) T (2 players)
      UTG bets $6, Hero goes all-in for $28.67, UTG goes all-in for $17.96.

River: ($33.85) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $27.85
  • 9 replies
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      call turn reevaluate river
      if het bets big again your almost always beat imo :)
      you have to be able to lay your good hands down as wel, I know it sucks but I've lost too much money against a set/2pair in these kind of situations
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TimothyVdp1
      call turn reevaluate river
      if het bets big again your almost always beat imo :)
      you have to be able to lay your good hands down as wel, I know it sucks but I've lost too much money against a set/2pair in these kind of situations
      Given the stack sizes, he can't call turn and fold river.

I'd push as well, I think a set is so unlikely here (Although I don't play SH). IMO he's most likely on a K or the FD.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i think pushing is the worst solution here . there arent many worst hands in his range to call you . even a wicker king might fold . i would call and reevaluate river
    • bah22
      bah22
      Coach
      Coach
      I don't play SH but i would push flop since you are way ahead against his range or unless i know that he plays his trips minraise on the flop. Most people like to trap with trips and just cold call the flop. Less likely he might have K5 or K3. I would put him on K with weak kicker. On the turn it is a chance that he has KT so i would just call turn. But probably get broke on the river.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      i think pushing is the worst solution here . there arent many worst hands in his range to call you . even a wicker king might fold . i would call and reevaluate river
      I see your point about just calling. But I don't see how I can fold on the river if he pushes. Hero will be getting 3.3-to-1 to call villain's push on the river.

So, best line would be call turn. check/call river?
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      yes you cant fold . but you will invest the same amount of money as shoving and you will acomplish more things
      by raising you are folding all the hands from where you could squize some more value like 99-qq . and you will obviously fold all his air/bluff not giving him the chance to take a shot at the river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Not sure if he is taking that line with Kx or set or maybe KT.
      I´d also call since he probably hasn´t flushdraw that often and see what he does on the river.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Yeah, you guys are right, pushing is not a good idea. Thx for the explanation. :)
    • Rialli
      Rialli
      Bronze
      Thx guys for your input. Yeah I can see that pushing is a bad option, although I didn't want to get run over at this table (like I had been when raised out after Cbetting) so I took a stand here with an avarage hand and really just wanted to take the pot down, however my table image changed to the better which was a good result.