What is wrong with fit or fold?

• 10 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      fit or fold is when you only play your cards. if you have it you bet, if you dont, you check/fold. these types of players are quite easy to read and therefore play against
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      and fit or fold isnt necessarily bad. it will make you a ton of money as the micro limits, but once you start moving up to higher levels you will have a difficult time vs thinking players
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've moved this to Beginners questions for you ok? It should get a better response there.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Erevos
      Erevos
      Bronze
      I don't think "fit or fold" will make you tons of money. Even at NL10 you will be abused or you will breakeven at NL5. Also it is not that simple; what "fit" actually means?
      One thing is crucial in poker and as you become better at it you will crush the limits: HAND READING
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey ramadas

"Fit or fold" is a type of play which has few bluffs. It consists of either raises (when one has a hand) or folds (when one doesn't). This type of play is quite susceptible to cbets because it is quite an easy play to read. If i cbet someone who plays 'fit or fold' I can usually find out quite easily where i stand with my hand.

Yougotfelted51 raises a good point that in micro stakes, this kind of thing isn't picked up on very readily because not a lot of players are thinking players like us. But as we move up we want to increase our deception

Erevos is right, hand reading becomes very important if you want to crush the limits and someone that is playing 'fit or fold' makes their own hands quite readable.

Hope I helped.

Good luck at the tables,
      Luke
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Doesn't matter what stakes you play, fit or fold is a bleeding money away, sure on micros you'll have horrible opponents who will make huge mistakes and you'll still win but it doesn't mean that you should play that way as our goal is to maximize our profits.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Doesn't matter what stakes you play, fit or fold is a bleeding money away, sure on micros you'll have horrible opponents who will make huge mistakes and you'll still win but it doesn't mean that you should play that way as our goal is to maximize our profits.
      Winner! :heart:

Thank you everyone for chipping in :)
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      So if I play 70% continuation bets on flop that is not fit or fold?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ramadas
      You aren't playing fit or fold as a preflop aggressor but almost no one is.

People tend to be much more fit or fold as preflop callers either in single raised or in 3bet pots.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by ramadas
      You aren't playing fit or fold as a preflop aggressor but almost no one is.

People tend to be much more fit or fold as preflop callers either in single raised or in 3bet pots.
      ^^ this. Thanks NF :f_love:

Btw if you cb 70% you can't be playing fit/fold because you don't hit the flop 70% of the time. If you do then GOOD TIMES :D