BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 3:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50

FLOP ($4) 9:club: 9:diamond: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4) 9:club: 9:diamond: 6:club: 8:heart:

SB bets $2.70, Hero folds

SB wins $3.80

Filtered his hands and saw him opening K9s can calling squeze OOP, but it was year ago.

He could have AQ, KQ in his range, but also overpairs. Not sure to cbet or not, but I have almost no equity on flop.

On turn I cannot call I think. BUt not sure - maybe I can raise, maybe not. He is not going too much to showdowns. He can bet overcards which are folding. But not sure what would he do with overpairs. Maybe raise big like to 8 $ and he could fold JJ.

The problem with raise - I don't rep much so he might want to shove.
  • 3 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hihi
      i will defintely cbet the turn. we may not have much equity but on this board we have tons of fold equity!
      that said,as played, i would have definitely called the turn when we have straight draw outs and good pot odds to call and also we are in position!
      i would also 3bet better hands, 73s is just so bad, its btm 10% of hands. we definitely can fold that
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      that said,as played, i would have definitely called the turn when we have straight draw outs and good pot odds to call

our straigth outs are not all good. So I assume I need 1:7 which means 2.7*7 = 18.9 pot.

POt now is 6.7. So when I hit - on average I have to win 18.9-6.7 = 12.2. Its a lot. When he sees T or 5, I don't think he will call such amount with just over pair. He rarely goes to showdowns. Or do you think he calls with over pairs so easily when there is likley str draw?

i would also 3bet better hands, 73s is just so bad, its btm 10% of hands. we definitely can fold that

He steals in SB 84 and folds to 3bets 70% - I think any 2 are profitable to 3bet. I don't get what is wrong? For example in the coaching even vs unknons who steal in SB Emanuel I think defends any 2 - 3bets or calls.

This oponent is giving up way more than avg oponent so thats why I think 3bet is correct.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think it's a reasonable 3bet here. If I am not 3betting this I would definitely call with such great odds and being in position vs such a wide range.

Flop: I think check/fold is reasonable with no equity. His fold to cbet isn't all that low so I think cbet with pure air may be ok too but I don't mind going for a delayed cbet as well

Turn: He leads here. I don't really want to call when he is almost always going to fire most rivers. I think we can raise here just to shut down some of his bluffs. It's true that we don't rep much besides 88 but if he is not the type to fight for every pot he will probably just fold to the turn raise here (how often do people take this check flop raise turn line anyway?)

I don't think he is the type of player to fight hard for pots so he would probably just fold his air and move on.

Thanks.