This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JT in ugly spot

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      villain is playing 22/18 after 420 hands. He 3b 20% from the bu ??/ folds 40 % to cbet

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.09)
      BB ($3.76)
      UTG ($8.97)
      UTG+1 ($13.34)
      Hero ($9.95)
      BTN ($10.10)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: J:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) A:spade: 6:diamond: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($0.75) A:spade: 6:diamond: J:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $0.46, BTN calls $0.46

RIVER ($1.67) A:spade: 6:diamond: J:spade: 8:club: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows T:heart: J:diamond:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 94.9%, Turn 97.7%)

BTN shows T:diamond: T:club:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 5.1%, Turn 2.3%)

Hero wins $1.56

On this flop there are FD and some GS but I don't think cbetting is good here since we're OOP and building the pot isn't a good idea, especially with our hand.

On T I do think I can vbet against some QT, KT, 89 + FD. I should bet a bit more - sth like $0,52.

R is super ugly. He might call us with some Jx or had some draw with Qx and he's not folding. I was totally lost so I went for c/f here. Suggestions are very welcome.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine although that 3-bet BU looks really high

Postflop: So what's your plan if you check to him and he bets? That should be our main question because usually we should expect a lot of bets here.

You have some info on him so we should look at how often he cold calls in BTN, how often he bets vs missed cbets, etc.

I still feel that cbetting to try and take the pot down is the superior play, without other reads. Otherwise we are stuck ck/folding a lot.