This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QJ in total OOP

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      BU 43 hands 26/23/100 cbet/ 100 steal from bu
      BB 197 hands 23/18/ 67 folds to cbet/ 64 folds from BB

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($13.55)
      BB ($9.65)
      UTG ($13.44)
      UTG+1 ($13.83)
      CO ($9.97)
      BTN ($13.44)

Dealt to Hero J:club: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.05) 6:diamond: J:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero bets $0.65, BB calls $0.65, BTN folds

TURN ($2.35) 6:diamond: J:diamond: 8:heart: 5:spade:

Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.35) 6:diamond: J:diamond: 8:heart: 5:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks

BB shows A:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 85.8%, Turn 93.2%)

Hero shows J:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 14.2%, Turn 6.8%)

BB wins $5

Flop is super draw heavy and I go for bet to protect at least from GS or FD. T still doesn't change that much since he can have many worse hands...which probably fold and we're usually called by better. Is c T a possibility? Can we then c/c? That would be even uglier spot.

R is just c/f? All hands got there.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: I don't like our call here versus a 3.5x BTN steal with a regular in BB that can squeeze. You don't really talk about preflop, but why do we call? 100% steal means nothing over that sample. 43 hands means he saw 7 orbits and he most likely did not get a chance to steal in each of the 7.

Postflop: So are we bet/folding or bet/calling or bet/shoving? Regs raise a lot of donks and we are OOP to two guys and building a pot with a somewhat weak hand. I rather check here and go from there. I think that the value we have in a donk is minimal.

As played, unless we can think villain will fold Jx (which I doubt he will) it should be a ck/fold. Even turn is closer to a ck/fold but we have some thin value there still.