This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH KTs OOP

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.70 (107 bb)
      Hero (SB): $14.97 (149.7 bb)
      BB: $4.99 (49.9 bb)
      UTG: $20.09 (200.9 bb)
      MP: $27.48 (274.8 bb)
      CO: $27.91 (279.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) A 2 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.20) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.30, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.20 pot ($0.14 rake)
      Final Board: A 2 4 K 2
      BTN mucked and won $3.06 ($1.51 net)
      Hero mucked T K and lost (-$1.55 net)

villain is 23/23 over 102 hands, RFI BU = 62%, cbet flop 70% cbet turn 40%, Afq: 50%.

preflop is the call okay or is it a bit too weak to flat with? villain folds 80% to 3bets... regarding flat calling i tend to use a range which looks something like this, depending on the villain:
      JJ-66, AQs-A9s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-ATo, KJo+

on the flop it's so dry he doesn't have to hit here.

on the turn i hit some good SDV so i plan to call once more and check/fold to a 3rd barrel.

river is such a brick and while it probably doesn't change his hand strength, i think that since he fires a 3rd barrel it means i'm beaten very often.

is my overall plan okay here?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Interesting spot. KTs definitely stands good here against 60% range, but we have to know about BBs tendencies - if he likes to squeeze or call a lot, I don't really like calling here.

I would prefer to check/call here on the flop with the backdoor FD, so without any backdoor equity and OOP I prefer folding the flop.

I think the turn is rather a fold here. He doesn't cbet too much on the turn, and I don't expect him to bet worse hands for value here, so we are only bluffcatching in this spot.

On the river folding is fine.

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi kymupa

on the flop we do have a BDSD tho so does that mean much at all?

on the turn should we even be using turn cbet stats with only ~100 hands? i've spent most of my poker career ignoring postflop stats so i don't know too much about sample sizes for them, but i'd assume cbet turn is gunna be a sample of relatively few hands.

ty