[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH JJ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $15 (150 bb)
      SB: $6.12 (61.2 bb)
      BB: $14.93 (149.3 bb)
      UTG: $18.28 (182.8 bb)
      MP: $14.35 (143.5 bb)
      CO: $5.25 (52.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20, BB folds

Flop: ($0.60) 2 6 A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) K (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.40) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.40 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: 2 6 A K 2
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$0.65 net)
      SB mucked and won $1.34 ($0.69 net)

i'm assuming villain is weak given the stack sizes. only 9 hands and no info other than he's called once preflop and bet once postflop.

on the flop, this is such a standard spot: 1 overcard and a FD possible. i'm always changing my mind about a plan here, but atm the way i'm playing this spot would be bet once on the flop and bet on a relatively safe turn card like a non- :heart: T/9/8/7 etc etc. if the turn is a heart i don't think there's much value in betting since Ax and flushes still call and 6x and PPs 77-TT will most likely fold unless they hit a set.

in this particular hand i don't see any value in betting again on the turn and decide to take my SDV.

on the river this is something that seems to happen a lot, and from going through my database i don't think i should be calling this. i think he too often has some weak Ax hand here like A3/A4/A5 etc. however it is such a tiny bet and we only need ~15% equity to call so maybe i can call since he will sometimes have some busted FDs?

is the plan okay?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop raising is fine.

On the flop I don't mind betting here. Betting here would definitely show profit, considering our fold equity, plus we can easily get called by worse.
      I like the plan of betting on some turns as well.

This turn is rather ugly here, so checking back looks logical to me.

On the river I'd rather call this.
      We are given quite good odds and I do think that we could win from times to times (6x/PPs some FD or so) and we do gain information about his play here.

Best,
      Plamen