This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

facing bet on river

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      I've filtered my hands where I faced a bet on the river. Not too large a sample (177 hands) but wr is -444.35bb/100

Is this a massive leak? My WTSD when saw river is 69.4% and I win 41.7% of my river calls.

Are there any other river stats I can look at? I tried to find river call % and went to river but I can't.

Are my stats too high? 69.4% looks massive.

I play at 10NL at 888.

edit: My WTSD when facing a bet on the river is 48.6% so that's probably my river call%(estimate cause it includes a few hands where I raise/call). Is it way too high? What is the optimal number like?
  • 1 reply
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Probably it is a leak. Since people don't bluff bet the river as often as it seems, calling light on river bets isn't a great idea. The fact that you've lost about 700bb from river calls means you ARE calling them a fair bit, and you're not getting it right.

Two other stats that may be helpful to look at are
      overall WTSD% should be around 26-27% I am told (mine is 30% atm so need to work on the same thing you do, not being a station on the river)
      River Call Efficiency (there is a download for this stat for PT, I think its built in to HEM)

The annoying thing is that successful hero calls feel damn good haha.

The way I am trying to bring my WTSD down is from not just calling less on the river where I am beat as this is obvious solution, but also looking for spots where I can turn a moderate made hand into a bluff against people I know are capable of reading the board and making folds.