Approx Chart for FR

• Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I'm gold now, so I got myself the FR Approx Chart from the German Forums.

My questions are about the "Starting Hands Chart 3.0".

What does everything there mean? ?(

Ok, "Cap" is easy, "C" I would say it's call, "R" being Raise, "X" could be Check, but what does "Cx" mean?, and "Rx"?

Which would be the difference between "R" and "R0"?

And when there is an entry like "R / C", what does it mean? Raise if no raises before, Call if 1 Raise before?

HELP !!! :D
  • 6 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Amirapuato,

you got all shorcuts correct.
      C x means that you need x opponenents in the pot to call as well.
      R x means that there have to be no more than x opponents in the pot. (SB and BB ecvöluded of course.)
      a / b (a,b out of X, C and R) stands for do a if there was no raise ahead of you and do b if there was a raise ahead of you.
      Against two raises ahead of you only play the cap hands.

EDIT: This chart is nearly 3 years old an was designed for beginners. Nowadays even the micros are to aggressive for that chart so I wouldn't recommend you to use it anymore but to paly by our bronze charts if you got into situation which aren't clear. (Situations where you can't use the other charts from this approx charts.)
    • Hawat
      Hawat
      Bronze
      Thank you ¬¬
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi Amirapuato,

you got all shorcuts correct.
      C x means that you need x opponenents in the pot to call as well.
      R x means that there have to be no more than x opponents in the pot. (SB and BB ecvöluded of course.)
      a / b (a,b out of X, C and R) stands for do a if there was no raise ahead of you and do b if there was a raise ahead of you.
      Against two raises ahead of you only play the cap hands.

EDIT: This chart is nearly 3 years old an was designed for beginners. Nowadays even the micros are to aggressive for that chart so I wouldn't recommend you to use it anymore but to paly by our bronze charts if you got into situation which aren't clear. (Situations where you can't use the other charts from this approx charts.)
      So our bronze charts are better than the approx chart? Is there a super chart that is the best?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      He means that the bronze chart are better than the SHC in the approx charts. For SH the approx chart is the best.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      So should we ignore the SHC in the approx chart? How does approx chart 4 (calling w/o implied) come into play?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strat9
      So should we ignore the SHC in the approx chart? How does approx chart 4 (calling w/o implied) come into play?
      Yes you should ignore it. It too weak now. :)

Chart 4 comes into play if you are in the BB and there was a raise before you. It can be used for the SB against a raise as well or for a SB complete. It's not that useful for all other positions but it gives you an idea what odds are nesessary to play hand which are not worth to raise.