Stacks:
      UTG ($9.16) 92bb
      UTG+1 ($25.19) 252bb
      CO ($9.96) 100bb
      BTN ($7.04) 70bb
      Hero (SB) ($16.97) 170bb
      BB ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is SB J:club: J:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.55, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1.05

Flop: 9:diamond: 10:diamond: 10:club: ($3.20, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2.14, UTG+1 calls $2.14

Turn: K:spade: ($7.48, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

River: K:heart: ($7.48, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cuvash,

Preflop: What do we know about villain? He opens 5x from MP and we are deep. This implies that his range is stronger so 3-betting JJ here turns it into a small bluff or super thin value raise (without info).

As played flop cbet is fine but after that checking down with the intention of folding should be our main plan.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Cuvash,

Preflop: What do we know about villain? He opens 5x from MP and we are deep. This implies that his range is stronger so 3-betting JJ here turns it into a small bluff or super thin value raise (without info).

As played flop cbet is fine but after that checking down with the intention of folding should be our main plan.
      I don't know anything about villain, but he seems loose and fishy. Does that help ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Cuvash
      Hi Cuvash,

I don't know anything about villain, but he seems loose and fishy. Does that help ?
      Definitely helps.

If he is loose and fishy we can 3-bet for value preflop so our 3-bet is better.

On the flop we can cbet for pure value and perhaps even the river after he checks the turn back. I'd bet/fold $4 on the river.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Hi Cuvash,

Definitely helps.

On the flop we can cbet for pure value and perhaps even the river after he checks the turn back. I'd bet/fold $4 on the river.
      What would happen if he decide to shove all in river, when i bet him? Could i can fish, if the money i already invested in pot?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cuvash,

Definitely helps.

What would happen if he decide to shove all in river, when i bet him? Could i can fish, if the money i already invested in pot?
      As I mentioned above we would bet/fold.

I wouldn't call a loose/passive fish in such a spot.