Stacks:
      UTG ($16.04) 160bb
      Hero (CO) ($10.90) 109bb
      BTN ($22.74) 227bb
      SB ($10.92) 109bb
      BB ($12.95) 130bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO J:heart: J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.65

Flop: 3:club: 7:spade: A:diamond: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: 5:heart: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: K:diamond: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the preflop 3bet if UTG is a tight reg. 3betting here is only acceptable if he is a fish (and defends wide vs 3bets) or he opens wide here.

Flop: I think checking back is fine but you should have a plan on whether you can value bet Turn or River, and also you should have decided how many streets you were willing to bluff catch on. I don't think you can value bet at any point in time, especially on the Rivered King.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the preflop 3bet if UTG is a tight reg. 3betting here is only acceptable if he is a fish (and defends wide vs 3bets) or he opens wide here.

Flop: I think checking back is fine but you should have a plan on whether you can value bet Turn or River, and also you should have decided how many streets you were willing to bluff catch on. I don't think you can value bet at any point in time, especially on the Rivered King.
      How come JJ 3bet is bad, my 3bet will be extremely low like 2% of all hands if i 3bet only QQ, KK, AA. And my range will be easy readable and polarized or i am mistaking help please?

Thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well are you even 3betting any bluffs here in these positions? If you add JJ here, you just have a 3% 3betting range consisting purely of value hands. I still think that's really easy to play against.

A better 3b range would be maybe 5%, where you have some bluffs mixed in as well.

Anyway, this really depends on how wide UTG opens. If he opens really tight, maybe like 13% or less, I think you may just want to have no 3betting range at all (or a really narrow 3bet range of 2-3%, comprising only bluffs). You can just flat all your monsters.

Thanks.