This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Jj Passive play

• Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($16.04) 160bb
      Hero (CO) ($10.90) 109bb
      BTN ($22.74) 227bb
      SB ($10.92) 109bb
      BB ($12.95) 130bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is CO J:heart: J:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.95, 3 folds, UTG calls $0.65

Flop: 3:club: 7:spade: A:diamond: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: 5:heart: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: K:diamond: ($2.05, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the preflop 3bet if UTG is a tight reg. 3betting here is only acceptable if he is a fish (and defends wide vs 3bets) or he opens wide here.

Flop: I think checking back is fine but you should have a plan on whether you can value bet Turn or River, and also you should have decided how many streets you were willing to bluff catch on. I don't think you can value bet at any point in time, especially on the Rivered King.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't like the preflop 3bet if UTG is a tight reg. 3betting here is only acceptable if he is a fish (and defends wide vs 3bets) or he opens wide here.

Flop: I think checking back is fine but you should have a plan on whether you can value bet Turn or River, and also you should have decided how many streets you were willing to bluff catch on. I don't think you can value bet at any point in time, especially on the Rivered King.
      How come JJ 3bet is bad, my 3bet will be extremely low like 2% of all hands if i 3bet only QQ, KK, AA. And my range will be easy readable and polarized or i am mistaking help please?

Thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well are you even 3betting any bluffs here in these positions? If you add JJ here, you just have a 3% 3betting range consisting purely of value hands. I still think that's really easy to play against.

A better 3b range would be maybe 5%, where you have some bluffs mixed in as well.

Anyway, this really depends on how wide UTG opens. If he opens really tight, maybe like 13% or less, I think you may just want to have no 3betting range at all (or a really narrow 3bet range of 2-3%, comprising only bluffs). You can just flat all your monsters.

Thanks.