[NL2-NL10] A7o which would be optimal play here?

• radiatorsft
      radiatorsft
      Bronze
      $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (BTN): $7.75
      SB: $4.95
      BB: $2.44
      UTG: $12.25
      UTG+1: $2.13
      MP: $2.21
      MP+1: $5.00
      CO: $4.96

UTG+1 over 100 hands
      VP$IP - 18 PFR - 3 AggF - 1
      Total 3Bet - 3% F to 3Bet - 75
      Flop Cbet - 100 F to Flop Cbet - 33

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:heart: 7:club:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57, 2 players) A:diamond: 3:club: 4:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.57, 2 players) 9:heart:
      UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

River: ($1.77, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      UTG bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

UTG shows 9:diamond: 9:club: (Three of a Kind, Nines) (Pre 71%, Flop 14%, Turn 100%)
      Hero mucks A:heart: 7:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 29%, Flop 86%, Turn 0%)
      UTG wins $4.19

So when I was playing I checked flop for value on turn, now I see that I should protect it against FD and strange 56 SD, because seeing his stats, its sure that he wasn't calling with 56, and I doubt he could have PP of 33 or 44 because he is OOP, but as plaid I think that was pretty easy lay down on river, because getting his bet almost at size of the pot its clear he has hand, I can't see that he would bet his Ax so big here..

So the main reason why I checked flop was to keep pot small and extract value on later streets, cause in his calling range PF is a lot of AX hands like AT and AJ, he definetly would raise AQ and AK PF, And calling for him with Ax < A9 would be quite loose.
      Any coments here ?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: assess your hand strength. is it medium strength? or strong? how many bets do you wish to put in?

I think our hand isn't that strong so I think I am only willing to put in 2 bets at the very most. I think the options of check Flop bet T+R or bet F check T bet R are both fine.

As played, easy call down on blank runouts once you check the Flop. But on this particular river, it's kind of sick. Still if we think our opponent is always going to bluff rep this river card 100% of the time we will have to call here. But he seems to be passive so I think I would fold on this particular river. He just has too many straights and flushes in my opinion.

Also, when I take other things into consideration, I think I slightly prefer bet Flop check Turn. This guy is passive so we can very comfortably bet/fold the Flop and not feel bad about it.

Thanks.