I suck at zoom :/

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hey, I've recently started playing zoom. Really like it, so far. Just have one huge problem. I suck at it.. I hope you guys can help me.

This is a little of nl2, and mostly nl5.

As you can see I suck, big time. But I can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm sure I would crush NL5 SH standard tables, if I play only 4 of them. But that's boring! I want to become winning zoom player.

I hope someone can help me :)

Thanks.
  • 10 replies
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      1st glance don't play so much hands OOP (blinds).
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EnterG
      But don't I fold too much from blinds already?
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Correct me if i am wrong, but in zoom/rush/fast only just by set mining is guarantee way for profit?
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by staktas
      And what's wrong with that ? Usually players in fast fold rooms have a strong range.
      I suggest firstly to play only PP which have easy playability postflop and reraise premium hands from blinds.Don't get to tricky situations OOP.
      Even when you have a set OOP it 's difficult to extract max value.

IMO.I am not a pro.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      And what's wrong with that ? Usually players in fast fold rooms have a strong range.
      I suggest firstly to play only PP which have easy playability postflop and reraise premium hands from blinds.Don't get to tricky situations OOP.

IMO.I am not a pro.
      So what you mean is to only set mine and raise only AK, QQ+ from the blinds?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Your blind play is fine, on a tighter side if anything, you really don't need to go nittier then that. Even your results being -20sb and -40bb is not great but in no way terrible.

The only stat thats out of line a little bit is flop c-bet and even thats not super high, 70% being average.

Other then that all your stats here seem to be in line and definitely a winning game in that respect.

The reasons for your run bad is thats your won at showdown is really low at 48%. That should definitely be at least over 50, preferably around 55 for your tagish game.

This stat can be low for the following reasons.

#1 Your to big of a station and are calling down to much.

#2 You overvalue your hands since zoom plays a bit tighter you need a bit stronger calling range.

#3 You run big bluffs in bad spots where you get called down unlikely.

#4 You doing some spewy stuff postflop.

#5 Most likely reason is that you just run bad. Its less then 20k hands after all.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze

IMO.I am not a pro.
      So what you mean is to only set mine and raise only AK, QQ+ from the blinds?
      Firstly yeah.As i see from the results your main leak is playing OOP.So start playing only the hands you mention and when you become a better player postflop you can wide your range maybe a little.
      But in general ... Try to play hands IP than OOP.I think you will see better results.
      From the blinds i suggest to 3bet than calling vs BU CO steals if they are loose or have high fold to 3bet pre.
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      Your blind play is fine, on a tighter side if anything, you really don't need to go nittier then that. Even your results being -20sb and -40bb is not great but in no way terrible.

The only stat thats out of line a little bit is flop c-bet and even thats not super high, 70% being average.

Other then that all your stats here seem to be in line and definitely a winning game in that respect.

The reasons for your run bad is thats your won at showdown is really low at 48%. That should definitely be at least over 50, preferably around 55 for your tagish game.

This stat can be low for the following reasons.

#1 Your to big of a station and are calling down to much.

#2 You overvalue your hands since zoom plays a bit tighter you need a bit stronger calling range.

#3 You run big bluffs in bad spots where you get called down unlikely.

#4 You doing some spewy stuff postflop.

#5 Most likely reason is that you just run bad. Its less then 20k hands after all.
      I might be station, actually.. My Fold to F cbet is 39, FtT cb 37, and FtR cb 53. So I call a lot of 2nd barrels, but then fold a lot on the river, thus my small WTSD. I think I might be bleading money here. What do you think?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      It could be. Its definitely one of the reasons your won with out showdown is bad but stat wise again, you shouldn't be folding more of ppl will have very profitable c-bet vs you. They need less then 50% folds since they're betting less then pot so you shouldn't be folding more then you are. Around 40% fold i where you should be at.

That said, if player on your limits only cbet like 30% then you should be folding way more. Its really player dependent. If some one is c-betting 80% like you are you should float him more often then a nit with an 30% cbet range which is pure value.

Its only 18k hands tho which is like nothing and the variance in SH can be quite high so it could very easily just be that your running bad. I've seen ppl run like 5bb under EV on 200k sample size so an 18k hand downswing is really nothing to worry about.