NL 200 SH lost my gameplan and need help

• Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      hey guys

at first i am sorry that my english is not that good

i hope i am not to late to join you!

i am from Austria and 26 years old,
      i play NL 200 SH and atm i struggle with my overall gameplan and i feel that the
      regs crush me :( hope that the bootcamp and the community can help me to improve my game.
      On NL25-NL100 i was a winningplayer and also at NL 200 i won 16K at 80K hands
      but i think that was a upswing :D
      don´t have old stats or graphs because the harddisk from my old laptop was over X( so i bought a new one and got PT4

Graph:

i don´t know what happened with the redline after 17K hands

Stats:

i know it looks very bad (special in the BB)

atm i feel uncomfortable to play and i fall into a passive mode and i am scared
      to loose and in every session i start to spew around against good regs after a while.
      I am not concentrated and focused in my sessions because i have private problems atm.

Hope you can help me to come back on the right path!
  • 13 replies
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Hello,

Can you post positional stats? VPIP/PFR/3bet etc, and raise 1sts would be nice as well.

It seems you don't win enough from the button and lose too much from BB, on the other hand SB winrate is awesome, is this all 6max or do you play HU as well?

From these stats posts all I can see is that you fold too much to 3bets and perhaps 3bet too much. 8% isn't that much and could be fine, but the more you 3bet the better you have to play 3b pots and against 4bets.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      We need a mental coach in here ASAP! :)

Best of luck sir, will follow you. Same is happening to me last week :(
    • Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      Originally posted by LgWz
      Hello,

Can you post positional stats? VPIP/PFR/3bet etc, and raise 1sts would be nice as well.

It seems you don't win enough from the button and lose too much from BB, on the other hand SB winrate is awesome, is this all 6max or do you play HU as well?

From these stats posts all I can see is that you fold too much to 3bets and perhaps 3bet too much. 8% isn't that much and could be fine, but the more you 3bet the better you have to play 3b pots and against 4bets.
      if you need more stats just tell me

its all 6max only,

i have problems with preflop 3bets and ingame my desicion if i 3bet or not are
      more like gutfeeling/opponent/dynamic than a default 3beting range and i am not
      happy with that and will work on it!

about my call 3bet, 4bet/fold, 4bet/call ranges from BU
      left is 4b/broke, middle is 4b/fold, right is call 3bet

hope you can help me
    • MindGrind
      MindGrind
      Black
      Hmm interesting, could you explain why you call with hands like A2s-A5s and 4b/fold with AJs and KJs?
      I would think if you can show a profit by calling A2s-A5s it will be definitely +ev to call AJs and KJs as well.

This is what my callingrange would look like

4bet/fold would be something like A2s-A5s and KJo

I dont know maybe that is too loose. What do you guys think?
      And also what do you think about calling pre with AKs and JJ-TT assuming we are playing against an unknown reg and we dont know anything about his tendencies? Do you think we miss too much value by calling?
    • Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      Originally posted by MindGrind
      Hmm interesting, could you explain why you call with hands like A2s-A5s and 4b/fold with AJs and KJs?
      I would think if you can show a profit by calling A2s-A5s it will be definitely +ev to call AJs and KJs as well.

This is what my callingrange would look like

4bet/fold would be something like A2s-A5s and KJo

I dont know maybe that is too loose. What do you guys think?
      And also what do you think about calling pre with AKs and JJ-TT assuming we are playing against an unknown reg and we dont know anything about his tendencies? Do you think we miss too much value by calling?
      hey mindgrind

thats a very interesting question why i call A2s-A5s and 4b/fold AJs and KJs
      and that shows me how terrible my 3bet call and my 4b/fold range is that i build
      over the last 6 month, may i thought AJ and KJ are better for 4bet/fold because
      they have a little bit more cardremoval effect with the J (to block JJ only) but that doesn´t matter.

i like your callingrange but i would but the KQo into my 4b/fold range and only call
      KQs and may it would be nice to call 2 combos AKs and 3 combos JJ and 3 combos TT to mix it up a little.

thanks for your help so far
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Hey Heinejen!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. If you have any questions about anything when it comes to the mental side of poker don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome the the Bootcamp! :)
    • Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Hey Heinejen!

My name is Erik and I will be part of the coaching staff focusing on Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching. If you have any questions about anything when it comes to the mental side of poker don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome the the Bootcamp! :)
      Hey Erik,

in the past the mental side of poker was not really a problem for me, no tilt,
      long sessions with a-game.... but in the last 6 month something have changed
      in my mindset and now i am on the best way from a winningplayer NL25-NL200
      to a loosingplayer and i hope the bootcamp can help me to improve my game
      and my mind

i think atm i have some mental problems with poker:

1. sometimes i feel scared to start playing because i don´t feel comfortable with
      my game atm but i still work on it and ist going better and better every day

2. never before i hate my opponents when they suck me out or made bad calls
      but atm that makes me tilt and i take it very personally and than i spew around against
      them and want to play back in every spot and after the session i realize that i burn
      money without any reason and than i feel very bad

3. i think a lot about my relationship (not so easy atm) and than i play autopilot
      and i am not concentrated and focused during my sessions so that it feels i play
      my C-game or worse

thats it so far, any ideas what i can do to help myself?
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      [quote]Originally posted by Heinejen
      1. sometimes i feel scared to start playing because i don´t feel comfortable with

3. i think a lot about my relationship (not so easy atm) and than i play autopilot
      and i am not concentrated and focused during my sessions so that it feels i play
      my C-game or worse
      1. Watch the first video in my series. Its being released today.

2. There is a mindfulness exercise that i recommend you to do. If you pm me your email i can send you another one that is more specific on negative emotions.

Sorry to hear you're struggling atm. If you have personal things you would like to ask about don't hesitate to pm me. I would be glad to help :)

Keep you head up!

- Cheers!
    • Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      [quote]Originally posted by ErikStenqvist
      Originally posted by Heinejen

my C-game or worse
      1. Watch the first video in my series. Its being released today.

2. There is a mindfulness exercise that i recommend you to do. If you pm me your email i can send you another one that is more specific on negative emotions.

Sorry to hear you're struggling atm. If you have personal things you would like to ask about don't hesitate to pm me. I would be glad to help :)

Keep you head up!

- Cheers!
      Hey erik

1. i like your video and will try to do it before every session so that i feel comfortable and relaxed when i start playing

2. i add you as friend and if you accept i´ll write you my email, would like to see
      what you have for me :D

thank you so far for supporting me

cheers
    • Heinejen
      Heinejen
      Black
      Hey guys, what do you think about this hand?

is fold river to weak? i don´t see him 3 barrel me off because my perceived range
      is quite strong so i must put him on KK or AA and fold on river but on the otherside
      this is the 4th best hand i have in this spot QQ-AA and AQs and maybe sometimes 99

i need 30% to have a profit call so i must win once out of three times thats right?
      do you think i have it here?

villain:
      22/18/3/27 VPIP/PFR/Ag/WTS on 750 Hands
      total 3b 9%, 3b in SB 10%, 3b vs EP 5%
      cbet in 3b pot: 70 flop, 60 turn, 25 River (7 spots)

Party Poker $200 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2133707
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $20.00
      CO: $211.56
      BTN: $289.15
      SB: $200.00
      BB: $222.37
      Hero (UTG): $235.30

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $6, 3 folds, SB raises to $20, 1 fold, Hero calls $14

Flop: ($42.00) Q :diamond: 8 :spade: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $20, Hero calls $20

Turn: ($82.00) 2 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $40, Hero calls $40

River: ($162.00) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $120 all in, Hero folds
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Definitely folding the river, he 3bet blinds vs UTG, think he is incredibly strong.

Turn is actually super close, as I don't expect him to try to bluff you on this turn and his value range crushes us.

I think hand is played ok.
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Originally posted by Heinejen
      thank you so far for supporting me
      It's our pleasure!

Keep me posted!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there Heinejen, how are you, well I hope?

Justa reminder to try to keep your thread updated to encourage others to give their thoughts as well. :)

Perhaps you could find time to post your progress with Erik's suggestions so far? Are the mindfulness video and exercisies helping for example?

Soldier on! :)

Mal.