My start as a pro!

• Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Hi there! I'm Alex, 19 years old from Sweden. I've been playing poker since the day I turned 18 and I'm basicly loving it!
      I've mostly played MTTs but since lack of time and a fucked up sleeping schedule I've decided to take on the CG tables!

I started about 2 weeks ago and since the motivation is even higher now I decided to make this blog. Im currently at NL25 and planning to move up to Nl50 in April.

Goals for March:

:diamond: Play 30k hands
      :diamond: Have the bankroll to move up to NL50
      :diamond: Finnish watching all of Raskolnikovs videos
      :diamond: Minimize my tilting

Here's the graph for the hands I've played this far
  • 80 replies
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Went out drinking last night so didn't play at all yesterday. Got 2 ok sessions friday night tho, about 2k hands together: 3BI up plus another one from the rakeback. Couldve been 2 more but the EV wasnt on my side that day, solid play anyways so I'm happy

Planning for a session to night if the hangover goes away. Might even go for some tournaments if I find a few nice ones, we'll see...
    • Apurvam
      Apurvam
      Basic
      How many tables you play?
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Apurvam
      How many tables you play?
      6 but thats mostly coz my screen is too small, would like to play 8
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Skojj

Welcome to our blogging section. It's always good making a blog i reckon because you kind of have that accountability especially when people follow your progress. Good luck with your journey to nl100 i'm on a similar path. I'll meet you there lol

Regards,
      Luke
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by legand73
      Hey Skojj

Welcome to our blogging section. It's always good making a blog i reckon because you kind of have that accountability especially when people follow your progress. Good luck with your journey to nl100 i'm on a similar path. I'll meet you there lol

Regards,
      Luke
      Thx! Im sure we will ;)

Been running pretty cold this month but still managed to win 2BI from tonights session. Gonna have to shape up if I wanna move up to NL50 by first april. I wont be too dissapointed tho as long as my EV is good enough to advance to next lvl. Sometimes u run good, sometimes bad. Gonna put up a graph the 15: th!
      GL all
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      GRAPH FOR TODAYS SESSION

Havent gone this much + on 1 session ever before! feels great!

Im right on schedule with the volume and done watching raskolnikovs videos btw! So my goals are going great!

I don't know how to do spoilers (lol) so I won't be posting hands before that anyone wanna help me out!? :s_o:
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Played a 6 hour session before! went abit up and down stopped on 1BI+ :/

Going to add some stats to my hud and learn them bfore i move up to NL50, got a supersimple one atm. Also thinking about playing one or two tournament days if I make my money goal! The micromillions main event looks nice! also a couple of other tournaments i'd like to play, not sure if they are on the same day tho, gna look it up!
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Havent been this tilted for ages! playing and running superbad
      what annoys me the most is that some 75/35 fish with 20% 3bet decides to hit nuts every single flop
      gonna steam off for quite a while now,,,
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      After rain comes sunshine, right?

Tonights session went awesome, ran very good aswell!
      1300BB + :s_biggrin:

Biggest loss in one pot was just 60BB! Feeling awesome right now and im actually rolled for NL50 but I'll wait until april before I move up, bigger bankroll feels safer.
      Tomorrow (or today :f_confused: ?) it's friday, together with saturday the best grinding days! hopefully I won't be busy during the nights so I can grind the fish off their money :s_cool:

Here's the graph for this month, bit up and down but still feels good:

923$ with the rakeback included :)
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Was very few tables up tonight so i had a look at the NL50 tables and saw one of my favorite fishes from NL25 sitting with 150BB at 2 tables. Thougt I'd give it a try. Unfortunetly he left after a few hands but the players felt pretty soft in general so decided to stay. Ended the session with red digits but still think I played OK. A guy called off my 2pair with his 1pair just to hit the backdoor flush on the river :/ Also came all in flush vs a higher flush. both time in spades actually. I dont like :spade: anymore X( .

The NL25 ended up on BE, a few buy ins under EV aswell, while NL50 stopped on 250BB down.

Gonna start my grind earlier tomorrow and hopefully i'll be the one with the higher flush :)

Not tilted at all about my losses btw! It's on the right path! :f_biggrin:
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Decided to play a few tournaments earlier today, didnt cash in a single one of them lol...

There is a tournament series march 28-31 that i really wanna play! abit much for my bankroll so I'll have to think about it.
      Still got a nightsession with cashgames at least. Felt pretty tired but ended up on 200bb+

Did also cash out 200$ so need to grind the roll up like 12 BIs before I can move up to NL50 in april. Im not that worried and its nice to have something to work for. Next month will be a sick volume month aswell! :)
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      I will be following.

You have a goodwinrate and I wanted to ask how u do it? Are u a good hand reader or do u have some Jedi tricks that a fish like me can adopt ?

Gl and I hope I don't see u on the tables lol

Stu
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stu24023
      I will be following.

You have a goodwinrate and I wanted to ask how u do it? Are u a good hand reader or do u have some Jedi tricks that a fish like me can adopt ?

Gl and I hope I don't see u on the tables lol

Stu
      Sweet! Always nice to know people are interested, makes me more motivated!

I'm not saying that I'm NOT a Jedi ;) but guess my tricks is to never start a session unless i feel ready for it (being emotional stable). Once going I try to get the advantage of the aggro ppl, like 3/4betting them alot same as checkraising to make them tilted (gives me ALOT of value later on) and just trying to keep notes up and think through the hands I play.
      Also table selecting is kinda important!
      It's way easier than it sounds :p

Haha thx ;) I hope we meet in NL10000 or smtn one beautiful day!
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      Hey maybe u could start teaching me ur skills
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stu24023
      Hey maybe u could start teaching me ur skills
      Lol, I think u'll get way better results with one of the coaches here on PS
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Just lost more than 300BB in ONE hand, like wtf?!?!...

Were up about 4 BI, then a few hands later i was down to 1plus...
      My game felt awesome tonight (except the 300bb hand that i lost obv lol)
      can´t wait until NL50, MOAR CA$H :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Must've been hell of a setup lol :f_eek: Following ur blog as well, good luck :tongue:
    • Skojj
      Skojj
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyJQ
      Must've been hell of a setup lol :f_eek: Following ur blog as well, good luck :tongue:
      3 ppl flopped straight but everyone was abusing this fish who had 99Vpip (LOL) and we were 3 and 4 betting like there was no tomorrow. the fish pushed his stack and i repushed with my straight thinking like HELL YEAH FREE MONEY!! unfortunately the guy behind me flopped the nut straight '-.- but when I went through the hand afterwards I realized that i rly should've folded. At least I wont make that misstake ever again lol.

Sweet! thx :)
    • malcolmlinco
      malcolmlinco
      Bronze
      I don't know how to do spoilers (lol) so I won't be posting hands before that anyone wanna help me out!?

When you are in post edit mode click on an icon which has white "abc" on black background. You should see a popup which asks to insert the text you want to see in the spoiler.
      Once you do it you will see which tags are used and you can write them by yourself in future if you prefer.