Multitable BR

• Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      I wonder, what should be the BR when you're multitabling?

I read a lot of things about that stuff. Some say that you should have 1 BR for each table, others say that your BR should be "BR + BR/2 + BR/4 + ...". You add 50% for each table.

Are there any other ideas about that?
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Vito992,

What game type are you playing? I'm guessing NL Cash? Just want to be sure though in case I give you the wrong information :) Also please let me know what strategy you are using ;)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm playing NL Cash SH and I'm using the BSS
    • 60percentFAT
      60percentFAT
      Bronze
      The BR is the same as one table as long as you can play as good as you were on 1 table.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 60percentFAT
      The BR is the same as one table as long as you can play as good as you were on 1 table.
      Correct!

It is good to see that you are giving Bankroll Management (BRM) considerable thought. However, as pointed out above by 60percentFAT that BRM remains the same if we play 1 table or ten!

At the micros a BRM of 25-40 buy ins (BI) is quiet common. The more experience you have at the games the less or lower amount of BI you can have :)

I hope this helps and if not, please do not hesitate to reply!

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Gary
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      Thank you for answering :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      The best BRM advice I ever seen was this:

A good bankroll formula is

bankroll = comfort * SD^2 / WR

where comfort depends on your risk tolerance and ability/willingness to move down.
      A comfort level of 2 is aggressive.
      A comfort level of 4 is conservative.
      SD is your standard deviation, which is reported by programs like
      PokerTracker and Hold'em Manager, and it is typically about 90 big blinds/100 hands
      for 6-max players who buy in full, but it depends on playing style. WR is your win rate.
      For example, if you use a middle-of-the-road comfort level of 3, and your SD is 90 big blinds/100 hands,
      and your win rate is 6 big blinds/100 hands, then your bankroll should be about

3 * 90^2 / 6 = 4050 big blinds = 40.5 buy-ins.

If your win rate is only 3 big blinds/100, then you need twice as many, or 81 buy-ins.

If your bankroll drops below this amount, it doesn't mean you have to stop.
      However, playing with less than half of the recommended bankroll should be viewed as an expense.

Hope this helps.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyle and you are welcome Vito992 :)
    • Vito992
      Vito992
      Bronze
      Wow, that's nice of you :)

PS would you mind to explain how the formula was invented? It would be interesting to know :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vito992
      Wow, that's nice of you :)

PS would you mind to explain how the formula was invented? It would be interesting to know :)
      No idea how it was invented but it was a coach ( can't remember his name) here at PokerStrategy.com that showed me.

He is a well respected coach though.