This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom QQ

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.99 (119.8 bb)
      SB: $8.89 (177.8 bb)
      BB: $2.91 (58.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $5.67 (113.4 bb)
      MP: $6.62 (132.4 bb)
      CO: $6.67 (133.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.45, BB folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.95) 9 T T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65

Turn: ($2.25) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.10, Hero folds

Results:
      $2.25 pot ($0.09 rake)
      Final Board: 9 T T 8
      SB mucked and won $2.16 ($1.06 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$1.10 net)

SB - ( $8.89 USD ) - VPIP: 17, PFR: 10, 3B: 20, AF: 3.0, Hands: 48

PF: I called his 2.5x 3-bet as I figured he will probably be playing a pretty straightforward range vs my UTG's open. I did not take into account his 3-bet of 20% because there was only 48 hands on him. His range is pretty much AJ+/JJ+.. AJ might be a bit too much.

Flop: It looks like a scary board but I don't think it changes much here. When he bets, I will only discount AQ & AK from his range except AQhh, AKhh. So I prefer to call here and re-evaluate on e Turn.

Turn: Looks like e worst card on e deck. If he had JJs which was e only hand I was beating in his assigned range, he has OESD to go w it now. And if he had hearts he made his hand.

However, I noted he made only a 1/2 pot bet. Looks to me he's a little worried about that board. And could likely mean he had KK/AA actually. OR QQ which would be epic. However, I'm not sure if shoving or raising big here would throw him off an overpair? If he had a K:heart: or A:heart: he's never folding.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Your analysis looks good.

I would recommend not turning hands like yours into a bluff here and hope that a somewhat tighter regular (over this sample) can fold a strong hand at these limits.

I doubt he will be able to find the fold button with KK/AA, especially since half of them have a heart.