Stacks:
      UTG ($9.08) 91bb
      UTG+1 ($10.20) 102bb
      CO ($10) 100bb
      Hero (BTN) ($10.14) 101bb
      SB ($28.14) 281bb
      BB ($7.34) 73bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Hero is BTN J:club: J:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.95, 2 folds, UTG raises to $2, Hero calls $1.05

Flop: K:diamond: 4:heart: Q:spade: ($4.15, 2 players)
      UTG bets $1, Hero folds

Final Pot: $4.15
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Usually i would recommend not 3betting a hand for value if u are not willing to 5bet and play for stacks here. I think this is one of those rare exceptions. Based on his stack size i think he's a fish so we can make 2 fairly accurate assumptions
      -fishes dont fold much to 3bets so we have a ton of value here
      -fishes dont 4bet light

Given these 2 facts i think 3bet/fold makes the most sense here. I dont agree with calling here when we arejust crushed by his preflop 4b range.

Thanks.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Usually i would recommend not 3betting a hand for value if u are not willing to 5bet and play for stacks here. I think this is one of those rare exceptions. Based on his stack size i think he's a fish so we can make 2 fairly accurate assumptions
      -fishes dont fold much to 3bets so we have a ton of value here
      -fishes dont 4bet light

Given these 2 facts i think 3bet/fold makes the most sense here. I dont agree with calling here when we arejust crushed by his preflop 4b range.

Thanks.
      If he is fish how i can know that his 4bet range can crush my JJ? So it would be better to just shove vs his min4bet what could be trap?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I just think that my 2 assumptions about fishes in general tend to be true maybe 75%+ of the time. So I would be willing to trust in these general reads.

IMO the min 4b is going to be QQ+/AK 80%+ of the time. This range crushes JJ pretty hard so you can fold here. And I think he almost never has bluffs here. The main value of shoving JJ here preflop is when you take down the 20bb from your opponent after your opponent 4bets and folds to a 5bet (4bet bluffing).